Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Support Assistant 3
The Pennsylvania State University is seeking a candidate for an Administrative Support Assistant. This position supports the Annual Giving and Alumni Relations team at the Penn State College of Medicine in all of its work. This is a demanding and fast-paced position with multiple projects occurring simultaneously. Self-motivation is a must, as well as the ability to organize and maintain details/status/follow-up of all information for each initiative. The Administrative Assistant will work under limited supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
• Understand and set priorities, meet deadlines, work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Coordinate office work, exercise professionalism in dealing with the public, exhibit good judgment, take initiative
• Set up and participate in meetings and events
• Communicate with vendors, volunteers, alumni, faculty, hospital leadership and others in writing and in person
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, prepare related materials
• Coordinate travel plans and materials
• Assist with logistical planning for special events and meetings
• Assist with solicitation, acquisition, renewal, stewardship communications and initiatives for grateful patients, alumni, and faculty/staff programs as needed
• Prepare briefings and presentations for select meetings
• Manage print project and marketing communications for Medical Center annual appeals including initiating and maintaining Easy Project jobs, working with internal and external design, photography, print staff and vendors
Communication is a key element to this position. Maintaining consistent and accurate communication with team and department staff, and external departments and vendors, and keeping accurate records is a critical component of the job duties for this position, as this person will represent the office through telephone and personal contact.
Additional Job Duties:
• Staff special events as necessary
• Provide assistance with the management of budgets
• Process necessary invoices and budget forms
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Strong organizational and administrative skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
• Data management skills to include ability to update database files, verifying accurate data lists, and facilitating data file transfers
• Typically requires a High School diploma or higher plus two years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
The Pennsylvania State University is committed to and accountable for advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all of its forms. We embrace individual uniqueness, foster a culture of inclusive excellence that supports both broad and specific diversity initiatives, leverage the educational and institutional benefits of diversity, and engage all individuals to help them thrive. We value inclusive excellence as a core strength and an essential element of our public service mission.
Apply online at https://apptrkr.com/2203969
CAMPUS SECURITY CRIME STATISTICS: For more about safety at Penn State, and to review the Annual Security Report which contains information about crime statistics and other safety and security matters, please go to http://www.police.psu.edu/clery/, which will also provide you with detail on how to request a hard copy of the Annual Security Report.
Penn State is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer, and is committed to providing employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.