Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Advanced Flight Instructor
Department: 3670085547 Salina Dept of Aviation
Job no: 512824
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Aviation / UAT / UAS
Pay Grade: 07B
About This Role:
K-State Salina's Aerospace and Technology Campus seeks experienced Certified Flight Instructors (CFIs) to join our growing team of aviation flight professionals! The Advanced Flight Instructor position performs flight training of private pilot, instrument pilot, commercial pilot, flight instructor, and others as delegated by the Chief Flight Instructor.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University Salina has an award-winning professional pilot program and has more Master Certified Aviation Instructors than any other college or university in the nation. We have a premium fleet of 35 aircraft and flight training devices with a large, active regional airport only steps away from the classroom. Students train for certifications/ratings ranging from solo through commercial on a diverse selection of aircraft starting with Cessna172s before moving on to more complex aircraft including Barons. Since the program is FAR 141 approved, students are allowed to meet the commercial instrument minimum flight hour requirement of 190 hours instead of 250 hours. Within the program's longstanding history at the university, K-State Salina has developed and maintained numerous industry relationships with companies like Flight Safety International, Mesa Airlines, PSA Airlines, Piedmont, and Republic Airlines. These highly valued relationships ensure a level of comfort for the companies with our students, encouraging them to continue to seek out K-State Salina's professional pilots for internships and careers. Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• High School Diploma
• 3 years of relevant experience
• Must have a Current FAA Certified Flight Instructor (Single-Engine Land) (CFI) and Certified Flight Instructor Instrument (CFII) Certificate upon employment.
• Bachelors degree
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Single-Engine Land
• FAA Commercial Pilot Airplane Multi-Engine Land
• Current Certified Flight Instructor Airplane Single-Engine and Instrument Land
• Current FAA Medical Certificate with Second Class Privileges
• FAA Certified Flight Instructor Single-Engine Land and Instrument
• FAA Flight Instructor High Performance Endorsement and Complex
• Detailed documentation of training records and strict compliance to Safety Practices and Procedures manual and a safety culture
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Current resume
• Names and contact information for 3 professional references
• Copy of Flight Certificates required in order to be considered
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.63-25.00/hr, depending on qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 15, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3010872