Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agricultural Tech II Research
Department: 3670010235 SW Research Ext Cntr Garden Cy
Job no: 512625
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Garden City, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Research / Scientific / Grants, Crop Production, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 05B
About This Role:
This position performs numerous agriculture and research oriented tasks with minimal supervision to produce agricultural crops as well as assist with agricultural research.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of relevant experience.
• Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing. Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of machinery and equipment used in agricultural research and production. Knowledge of hazards and safety precautions pertaining to repair, maintenance, and operation of agriculture equipment, vehicles, and power tools.
• Knowledge of safety requirements for work with or around machinery, and the hazards and effects of pesticides. Ability to read and interpret MSDS instructions regarding safe and proper use of agricultural chemicals.
• Ability to operate and maintain field, research, and equipment as well as perform acceptable farming procedures and practices associated with field preparation. Ability to drive large and small farm equipment safely and skillfully. Ability to recognize plant diseases and signs of insect infestation. CDL preferred, or the willingness to obtain one.
Valid driver's license. Ability to obtain a Private Pesticide applicator's license to permit applying pesticides to crops (within the first 6 months of employment.)
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• 3 professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$32,844 - $44,339.50
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 24, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2957349