Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agricultural Technician II
Department: 3670010220 Agricultural Research Ctr Hays
Job no: 510230
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Hays, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Crop Production, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
Agricultural Technician II for the Sorghum Breeder at the Ag Research Center in Hays, KS
Why Join Us:
Visit our website: www.wkarc.org
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Associates Degree in Agronomy
• 3 years experience in large-scale farming operations.
• BS degree preferred plus three years experience in large-scale farming operations.
• Vocational training in the safe and proper use of pesticides would be highly desirable.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license to permit incumbent to operate automobiles, pickup trucks, and farm trucks (up to 24,000 GVW) having standard or automatic transmissions once employed.
• Certified, or capable and willing to be certified, to apply restricted-use pesticides to crops.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• CV or Resume
• 3 Professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by 2/26/2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$27,940 - $34,920
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Feb 11, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233746