Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Agricultural Technician II (NW Research Extension Center - Colby, Kansas)
Department: 3670010210 NW Research Ext Center Colby
Job no: 510377
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Colby, Kansas
Pay Grade: 05A
About This Role:
Agricultural Technician II for the Irrigation Project at the Northwest Research-Extension Center in Colby, KS is needed. Opportunity to gain experiences with new and emerging technologies related to irrigation systems and irrigated crop production.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of experience in agricultural or animal sciences. Education in the biological sciences, agricultural sciences, precision agriculture, agricultural systems, or agriculture mechanics, may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by the agency.
• Must be 18 years old in order to operate a soil water instrument which contains radioactive material as required by the KSU Radiation Safety Office.
• B.S. in agriculturally related field
• Three years of experience in large-scale farming operations
• Experience in engineering technical support, research technical support, environmental monitoring or agricultural operations
• Good communication skills both orally and in writing for conscientious and careful notes and records
• Ability to drive and operate farm equipment safely and skillfully
• Ability to setup and calibrate precision agricultural and irrigation equipment
• Knowledge of the farming and shop hazards and safe practices
• Ability to weld, fabricate, and repair general and specialized research equipment made of steel, plastic, wood, or other composites
• Ability to use computers including the use of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid drivers license upon employment to permit incumbent to operate automobiles, pickup trucks, and farm trucks.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until the position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 16.00 - $ 18.00 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2359123