Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Animal Medical Technologist - CT Technologist (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511420
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 10A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking an Animal Medical Technologist. The radiology service provides magnetic resonance (MRI), computed tomography (CT), ultrasound and diagnostic imaging for animals and provides treatment and care of animals undergoing I-131 therapy. This position manages day to day operation of the CT machine and assists with clinical teaching and research endeavors of the radiology section for all modalities in addition to operation of the CT. The incumbent is competent in performing all examinations that the radiology section provides: (CT) (MRI) and diagnostic radiology.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Performance of diagnostic imaging procedures and instruction of veterinary students in performing diagnostic imaging procedures in all offered modalities. This position will have primary responsibility for provision of Computed Tomography (CT).
• Provide computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and radiographic imaging for clinical and research animals. Must be adept in performing the ordered diagnostic imaging studies.
• Daily interaction with veterinary students, graduate students, interns, residents, and faculty members. This interaction will include instruction in the aspects of diagnostic imaging.
• Training of radiology section support staff (veterinary technicians and student workers).
• Maintenance and monitoring of equipment and imaging facilities, with primary focus on CT.
• Accurate and timely recordkeeping.
• Knowledge and training involving CT safety.
• Knowledge and safe handling of radioactive isotopes and good radiation safety skills.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work standing for up to 4 hours.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Radiologic Technology Program, successful completion of a post-primary ARRT certification
• Current ARRT certification in Computed Tomography (CT)
• Current licensure as a Radiologic Technologist with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts (KBHA) within 6 months of employment
• Experience in all forms of diagnostic imaging
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 50,490 - $ 80,743 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 17, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2506632