Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Animal Medical Technologist (Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory)
Department: 3670080080 Veterinary Diagnostic Lab
Job no: 510022
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 10A
About this Role:
The Kansas State Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory (KSVDL) is seeking applicants for an Animal Medical Technologist. This position will perform tests in the Clinical Pathology Laboratory; perform clinical analyzes on animal body fluids and tissues, interpret and report results, and maintain the quality system through document reviews, trend analysis for all tests as well as corrective action reports and ensuring the quality of test results. The expectation is to have flexible work hours when demand/program requires it and a responsibility to our Quality Program.
Rabies vaccination is required for all personnel handling fresh mammalian tissue.
Performance of duties in adherence to standard operating procedures is of utmost importance, and thorough training will be provided. Safe operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment is paramount to this position, as is maintaining a safe, clean, and professional working environment. As such, the incumbent will actively participate in quality assurance, safety, and training programs, and communicate well to foster a cooperative, teamwork-oriented environment. In addition to specific duties listed, the incumbent may also have the opportunity to learn additional assays and techniques with the goal of providing continued service to KSVDL clientele when other technicians are absent.
All work shall be performed in accordance with validated test methods, SOPs, procedures, employee training and proficiency, and equipment standards, as applicable. In addition, all work shall be performed with adherence to federal, state, KSU, CVM, and KSVDL safety rues, regulations, policies and procedures. The employee will ensure adherence and compliance with KSVDL Quality Manual and associated quality assurance procedures.
The incumbent will handle with strict confidentiality all mail, files, correspondence, reports, legal documents and information regarding sensitive personnel and organizational issues. The incumbent will work cooperatively within the organization to improve customer service and promote team spirit; foster teamwork among co-workers and colleagues; keep other staff informed or progress on issues; actively participate in and fully support cross training of assigned personnel in essential skills to assure continuity of operations; and participate as a productive team member in support of the KSVDL mission and goals.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Maintain and calibrate instruments daily to insure accurate consistent operation of equipment and to promote increased instrument life span; process is achieved by following instrument manufacturer's suggested guidelines and/or laboratory maintenance charts. Correct instrument malfunctions within reasonable expectations of training capacity to ensure return to continuous operations yielding accurate and precise results and to avoid down time and costly back-up. Troubleshoot instrument and reagent problems to determine cause of malfunction or poor testing results.
• Organize and perform testing to comply with the sample priority schedule to maximize testing efficiency and accuracy.
• Assay quality control sera and monitor results to verify adequate precision of methodology, reagents and instrument functions, monitor test reports for transcription errors to insure that correct data for diagnosing or monitoring patient status is reported.
• Receives requests and processes laboratory samples according to laboratory protocol, assists clients via phone, email and fax concerning testing questions and result interpretation.
• All other duties as assigned which include but are not limited to: research testing, representing the lab at technical meetings and general housekeeping.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in biological sciences
• Completion of at least 6 months in a training program in Clinical Lab Science approved by the ASCP, AMT, and AMA, ASCP or AMT certification (or equivalent) as a registered Clinical Laboratory Scientist
• Two years experience in a laboratory with automated and some manual procedures
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 49,500 - $ 79,160 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 28, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2550891
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.