Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Animal MRI Technologist (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 510515
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 10A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for an Animal MRI Technologist. The radiology service provides magnetic resonance (MRI), computed tomography (CT), nuclear medicine (NM), ultrasound and diagnostic imaging for animals and provides treatment and care of animals undergoing I-131 therapy. This position manages day to day operation of the MRI machine and assists with clinical teaching and research endeavors of the radiology section for all modalities in addition to operation of the MRI. The incumbent is competent in performing all examinations that the radiology section provides: (CT) (MRI) (NM) and diagnostic radiology.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Performance of diagnostic imaging procedures and instruction of veterinary students in performing diagnostic imaging procedures in all offered modalities. This position will have primary responsibility for provision of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
• Provide magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), and nuclear medicine, imaging for clinical and research animals. Must be adept in performing the ordered diagnostic imaging studies.
• Daily interaction with veterinary students, graduate students, interns, residents, and faculty members. This interaction will include instruction in the aspects of diagnostic imaging.
• Training of radiology section support staff (veterinary technicians and student workers).
• Maintenance and monitoring of equipment and imaging facilities, with primary focus on MR. Accurate and timely recordkeeping. Other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Associate Degree
• Graduation from an American Medical Association (AMA) approved American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) Radiologic Technology Program
• Successful completion of AART certified MRI program
• Current licensure as a Radiologic Technologist with the Kansas Board of Healing Arts (KBHA) within 6 months of employment
• Current ARRT certification in MRI (MR)
• Knowledge and training involving MRI safety
• Knowledge and safe handling of radioactive isotopes and good radiation safety skills
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and work standing for up to 4 hours
• Experience in all forms of diagnostic imaging
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 23.80 - $ 38.06 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 24, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2236588