Assistant / Associate Professor (Personal Financial Planning)
Assistant / Associate Professor (Personal Financial Planning)
Department: 3670055080 Personal Financial Planning
Job no: 511564
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Education / Instructional, Family Finance
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Department of Personal Financial Planning, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a 9-month Assistant/Associate Professor to join their team. To be considered for the rank of Associate Professor, applicants must have at least four years of experience and an outstanding record of research productivity, in addition to the requirements listed below. This tenure-track position will report directly to the Department Head.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Teach online and/or on-campus courses as required for the B.S., M.S., Ph.D., and graduate certificate programs
• Chair and serve on M.S. and doctoral committees
• Conduct and publish research in refereed scholarly journals related to financial planning and/or financial therapy topics
• Advise and mentor graduate and/or undergraduate students
• Be available for August intensive doctoral on-campus courses
• Pursue external grant funding
• Provide service to the department, college, and university
This 9-month position at the rank of assistant or associate professor has a preferred starting date of August 2022, with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Why Join Us:
The Department of Personal Financial Planning is a top program nationally. We offer the following degree programs and certificates:
• Three degree programs (B.S., M.S., Ph.D.) in Personal Financial Planning
• All programs are registered with the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards, Inc.
• The B.S. is offered on-campus and online
• The M.S. is offered online
• The Ph.D. program is a hybrid program; students take courses online during the fall and spring semesters and participate in 10-day intensive courses on campus in August and an international experience in their final summer
• Graduate certificate programs in:
• Personal Financial Planning
• Financial Therapy
Our undergraduate program is growing, and our student teams consistently place in the top 3 programs at national competitions. Our doctoral students are excelling in the field and take a variety of academic and industry positions, including placements at peer-institution programs and business schools.
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and the Center on Aging. In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program and to serve as a satellite location for the WSU nursing program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting thehttps://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Earned doctorate (by start date - August 2022) in Personal Financial Planning, Consumer Economics, Couple and Family Therapy, or related field
• Demonstrated content expertise to teach core classes in the Personal Financial Planning curriculum
• Excellent research, data analysis, and grant writing skills
• Ability to work effectively with undergraduate and graduate students in a multidisciplinary environment
• Active research interest/agenda in financial behavior
• Expertise to teach advanced financial planning and/or financial therapy content
• Ability to promote relationships with industry partners
• Graduate/research mentoring experience
• Relevant professional designations or licenses
• Excellent online teaching experience
• Relevant practitioner experience
• Active membership in relevant professional organizations, such as the Association of Financial Counseling and Planning Education (AFCPE), Financial Planning Association (FPA), American Council on Consumer Interests (ACCI), Financial Therapy Association (FTA), and similar organizations
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae (CV)
• Contact information for three professional references
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Dr. Stuart Heckman, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: PFP Faculty Search.
Review of Applications Begins:
Review of applications will begin November 1st, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Oct 06, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2547470
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.