Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Assistant Dean for Academic Programs
Department: 3670010020 Academic Programs AG
Job no: 512943
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Executive / Director / Management, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Kansas State University seeks applications for an Assistant Dean for Academic Programs in the College of Agriculture. This position is responsible for supporting departments in curriculum and teaching initiatives, faculty development, and student services. The Assistant Dean reports to the Associate Dean for Agriculture Academic Programs. Primary responsibilities for this role include:
• Manage college roles and responsibilities related to academic student services and processes, in coordination with the college student records office
• Lead faculty and staff development and training in teaching and advising
• Facilitate the curriculum proposal and approval process, and along with the committee chair, coordinate the college Course and Curriculum committee
• Manage consistency of and compliance with academic policies, including course scheduling
• Evaluate individual curriculum variance requests and review transfer evaluation requests
• Provide leadership and direction to college assessment activities
• Provide leadership in developing and maintaining collaborative agreements with community colleges
• Provide leadership and direction to college initiatives regarding online and distance learning
• Direct students to K-State resources including academic assistance, accessibility, health, and counseling
• Assist in retrieval and analysis of student data for use in planning
• Support faculty and graduate students engaged in the scholarship of teaching and learning
• Represent the college on related university committees, such as the Committee on Policies and Procedures, the Academic Records (CAPP), Processes and Systems committee (ARPS), the University Assessment Facilitators, the K-State 8 Task Force/General Education Committees, the Late Drop/Withdrawal Committee, and the Early Alert and Reporting committee
• Serve as academic advisor for students majoring in General Agriculture, and advisor to student organizations
• Assist with other College of Agriculture Academic Programs activities, such as recruitment, faculty development, alumni activities, new student orientation, commencement, student advising, university honors/college scholars programs, diversity programs, and other unit functions
• Foster diversity and multicultural competency within the college and University
ACADEMIC RANK: This position is eligible to hold an Associate Professor or full Professor academic rank. The tenure home needs to be held in an academic department within the College of Agriculture.
Why Join Us:
Agriculture Academic Programs (College of Agriculture) promotes student success by engaging prospective, new and current students and families with the K-State community in a spirit of inclusivity, collaboration, and excellence. For more information, please visit: https://www.ag.k-state.edu/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. in agriculture, education, or related field, with qualifications for appointment at the rank of Associate Professor with tenure in an academic department in the College of Agriculture
• Experience and recognition as an outstanding teacher, academic advisor, and/or administrator in agriculture, education, or related field
• Demonstrated leadership skills, and ability to work and communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, agricultural leaders, and administration
• Demonstrated commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity and inclusion
• Evidence of a cooperative and accountable administrative style
• Qualifications for appointment at the rank of Professor with tenure in an academic department in the College of Agriculture
• Professional experience working with university academic policies and procedures, and assessment of student learning
• Professional experience with student retention including advising and collaboration with campus support services
• Professional experience working with community colleges including the development of collaborative agreements
• Professional experience in committee and/or leadership roles at the college and/or university levels
• Demonstrated experience in university software systems or similar systems to SSC, KSIS, DARS, Teams, Imaging, Curriculog, etc.
• Work experience within a land-grant university
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of interest stating your qualifications
• Curriculum Vitae
• Names, addresses, phone, and email for three professional references
Nominations of outstanding potential candidates for the position are welcomed. Nominations and inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. Anita Dille, mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-7203.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 22, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Commensurate with education, training, and experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 27, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3038076