Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Director Strategic Initiatives and Development
Department: 3670040010 Education Dean of
Job no: 512510
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Executive / Director / Management
Pay Grade: 12A
About This Role:
The Office of Educational Innovation and Evaluation seeks an Assistant Director for Strategic Initiatives and Development to lead team efforts to coordinate a wide variety of proposal development processes at OEIE and serve as the primary liaison between the office and the Office of Research and Development. Reporting to the Director, the Assistant Director will provide strategic direction for securing funding to sustain and expand OEIE activities and lead teams to collaborate with clients in the creation of logic models, evaluation plans, and other research and evaluation proposal materials leading to funded projects/contracts. Additional duties include frequent communication with a variety of funding agencies at the local, state, and national level; development of strategies for OEIE promotion efforts to cultivate leads for proposals and contracts; oversight of project management system and records to enhance flow across OEIE; identification of metrics to evaluate unit effectiveness and determine strategies for improvement, and supervision of professional staff.
Why Join Us:
OEIE conducts program evaluations of both large-and small- scale projects for a broad range of clientele. Our service-oriented multidisciplinary team works in collaboration with clients to develop evaluation components needed for competitive grant proposals and to design and implement rigorous, comprehensive evaluation plans integrating technology that are tailored to address the needs of each project. We provide high quality, efficient, responsive program evaluations that support data-driven decision making. For more information about our office and related projects, please visit our web site at: http://www.ksu.edu/oeie/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• 5 years relevant experience
• Graduate degree in social sciences research, evaluation, or related field.
• Proven leadership and management skills in leading collaborative proposal development teams, including the ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and achieve quality work.
• Ability to apply program evaluation aspects needed for logic model and evaluation plan proposal development.
• Track record of strategic thinking and problem solving.
• Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with clients, professional contacts, resources and/or networks and relate to people with sensitivity, tact, integrity, discretion, and professionalism.
• Demonstration of effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Detailed oriented with a focus on accuracy and the ability to work cost-effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrated problem-solving, critical thinking skills and analytical skills; including the ability to analyze administrative problems, make recommendations for improvement, and take appropriate courses of action.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment as well as work collaboratively and adapt to changing processes and procedures.
• Demonstrated ability to scaffold and support the professional growth of staff.
• Strives to improve performance; desire and effort to enhance skills and develop new skills; models exemplary professional conduct.
• Broad political and technical understanding of current research, evaluation, and assessment trends and proven ability to successfully interact with colleagues in the field on substantive issues.
• Proficient using Microsoft Office (spreadsheet, word processing, etc.), Adobe file conversation, and presentation software and have experience integrating software applications to produce complex documents.
• Capacity to quickly master specialized software applications.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$66,749 - $86,771
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 08, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2911752