Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Director of Academic and Student Programs
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511342
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Community Development / Community Vitality
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Assistant Director of Academic and Student Programs is a live-out professional position that serves as part of the student living leadership team, which provides direction for all programming and initiatives for on-campus housing. The position is instrumental in:
• Representing the Department of Housing and Dining Services to prospective students and their families by organizing participation in events at the request of the University, overseeing departmental efforts for New Student Orientation and Enrollment, Open House, Family Day, and managing the on-campus housing tour process.
• Overseeing the day-to-day operations of two welcome desks.
• Overseeing the Honors House.
• Collaborating with campus student success partners, first-year experience programs, and academic resources to enhance student learning outside of the classroom.
• Providing co-supervision of Assistant Coordinators for Departmental Initiatives (graduate assistants) and providing indirect supervision of student desk assistants and two Resident Assistants.
• Supporting student development, crisis response, training, student group advising, administrative and managerial responsibilities, facilities management, and professional development.
Why Join Us:
Be part of an inclusive, team-oriented, customer-driven work environment. https://housing.k-state.edu/ is a self-operated auxiliary department with approximately 340 full-time staff committed to creating an environment that fosters diversity, leadership, academic success, and personal growth for our K-State Students.
More than 4,000 students call the K-State campus home. Why? This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe, and engaging accommodations for our residents while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-5 years of relevant experience
• Master's degree in student affairs, college student development, higher education administration, or related field
• Experience with the recruitment of prospective students
• Experience with living-learning communities
• Public presentation experience
• Experience with welcome and service desks
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Valid driver's license upon employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening begins on September 17, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$51,000-$55,000 per year
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 25, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2460687