Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Assistant Director Systems and Fund Balancing
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510724
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 13A
About This Role:
The Assistant Director Systems and Fund Balancing directs the planning and operations of the Fund Balancing and Systems sections of the Division of Financial Services, design procedures that provide for efficient daily operations, serves as the central point of contact for all system integrations and interfaces, analyzes requirements for interfaces to and from other University and State systems, and verifies the information is flowing properly and accurately.
• Assist in the planning and coordination of future system enhancements to improve services or operational efficiencies.
• Liaison to coordinate communications with the Central Information Technology Offices to ensure the effective flow of information between the Division of Financial Services (DFS) and Central IT.
• The central point of contact for all system integrations and interfaces.
• Analyze requirements for interfaces to and from other University and State systems and verify the information is flowing properly and accurately.
• Coordinate all month-end and year-end processing to ensure accuracy in the accounting system.
• Analyze requirements and coordinate the creation of functional specifications for enhancements to the University accounting system related to accounts payable, student receivables, fixed assets, grants and projects, and general ledger.
• Ensure all Financial Information Systems (FIS) processes and programs are working successfully.
• Define and refine enhancements for the automated reconciliation of accounts and management of University funds.
• Analyze financial data, providing output reports to central administration.
• Oversee Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance reporting, implementation, and training for the University.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree and 5 years of progressive experience with accounting systems
• Extensive analytical skills with experience in reporting and presenting data
• Strong written and oral communications
• Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable (including student receivables), purchasing, grant systems, and general ledger systems
• Graduation from an accredited 4-year higher education institution with a major in a business-related field
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by June 3, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$75,317 to $86,000 Annually
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 19, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2271113