Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant or Associate Professor (Agricultural Economics)
Department: 3670010030 Agricultural Economics
Job no: 511468
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Business / Accounting / Finance, Education / Instructional, Research / Scientific / Grants
Pay Grade: 001
About this Role:
The Department of Agricultural Economics at Kansas State University seeks to fill a 9-month tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position. The position is budgeted as teaching/research with 4 courses taught each year.
Areas of teaching and research emphasis may include, but are not limited to agribusiness, supply chain management, agricultural and commodity marketing, logistics, risk management or other relevant fields. The Department is known for teaching, research and extension programs that addresses real-world problems in local, state, national, and global agriculture and agribusiness.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop and deliver internationally recognized teaching and research programs
• Teach 4 classes a year with the majority at the undergraduate level; the specific course appointments will be based on Department needs and applicant's areas of expertise
• Advise and direct research by undergraduate and/or graduate students
• Attract grant funds to support teaching and research programs
• Develop collaborative programs with other faculty, units, and departments at Kansas State University, and with allied industry organizations, government agencies, and other stakeholders
• Create an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality while working in a multi-cultural setting
Why Join Us?:
The Department has a reputation for excellence in all three functions of the University's land grant mission (teaching, research, and extension). The successful candidate is expected to be a leader in the Department's teaching and research programs. The Department offers B.S. degrees in agricultural economics and agribusiness, an M.S. degree in agricultural economics, a Master of Agribusiness (MAB) degree, and a Ph.D. in agricultural economics. Currently, about 350 undergraduate and 50 graduate students are enrolled in our on-campus programs. Another 90 students are enrolled in the MAB degree program. More information on the Department can be found at http://www.ageconomics.ksu.edu/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the Principles of Community
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Assistant Professor: Ph.D. or equivalent in agricultural economics, applied economics, or closely related field. Commitment to excellence in classroom instruction, desire to develop a renowned research program, excellent written and oral communication skills, and commitment to expanding and fostering diversity.
• Associate Professor: Ph.D. or equivalent in agricultural economics, applied economics, or closely related field. Strong record of achievement with excellence in classroom instruction, excellence in published research, excellent written and oral communication skills, and strong commitment to expanding and fostering diversity.
• Assistant Professor: Experience in classroom teaching, research publications in peer-reviewed journals, self-starting and independently motivated.
• Associate Professor: Evidence of excellent experience in classroom teaching, evidence of excellent research publications in peer-reviewed journals, self-starting and independently motivated.
***Must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment***
How to Apply:
Qualified persons are invited to apply by uploading the following materials: (1) a letter of application that includes a statement of professional goals for teaching and research; (2) a complete curriculum vitae; (3) transcripts of all university-level work; (4) teaching evaluations if available; (5) a job market paper and/or sample research paper; and (6) a list of three references with phone number and email address.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Review of applications will begin on October 28, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
For best consideration, apply by October 28, 2021.
Questions and Inquiries of Interest:
Questions and inquiries of interest may be made to the Search Committee Chair, Dr. Nathan Hendricks 785-532-3740 or mailto:email@example.com. Questions on uploading application materials may be made to Judy Duryee (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org) please use the subject line "Ag Econ Teaching and Research Position."
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled