Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Assistant Professor (2 positions) and Assistant or Associate Professor (1 position) in Animal Science
Department: 3670010050 Animal Sciences & Industry
Job no: 511957
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Education / Instructional, Research / Scientific / Grants, Extension Agent / Educator, Animal Sciences / Livestock
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Animal Sciences & Industry Department houses the largest undergraduate degree program at Kansas State University in combination with a robust research focus across most primary disciplines and species/products in the animal and food sciences. We are seeking applicants for three 12-month, tenure-track faculty positions, each 60% Teaching, 40% Research. At least two positions will be at the Assistant Professor level and potentially one position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level; commensurate with experience. The positions will be located in Manhattan, KS. The successful individuals will contribute primarily to the department's land-grant missions in teaching and research. Teaching responsibilities will be consistent with the successful individual's training, interests, and needs of the Department. Teaching expectations will include teaching undergraduate and/or graduate classes and serving as a faculty advisor to undergraduates. The successful individuals are expected to lead productive research programs relevant to animal agriculture in either reproductive physiology, nutrition, animal genetics, or other related disciplines, train graduate students, and participate in relevant interdisciplinary activities.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University is a land grant university located in Manhattan, KS, with a current student population of more than 20,000. The Department of Animal Sciences and Industry at Kansas State University has been a world leader, known for its reputable research dedicated to animal agriculture. The importance of agriculture is recognized by the guiding document for Kansas State University as it moves forward: K-State's Plan for Economic Prosperity in Kansas (https://www.k-state.edu/research/economic-prosperity/). Foundational focus areas of global leadership for K-State are:
• Food and Agricultural Systems Innovation
• Digital Agriculture and Advanced Analytics
• Biosecurity and Biodefense
• K-State 105: Every Town to Gown
Please contact Dr. Bob Goodband, Search Committee Chair, at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-532-1228, if you have any questions regarding this opportunity.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
Position Description and Responsibilities: The successful individual will:
• Teach courses and advise students in Animal Sciences & Industry
• Engage in scholarly activity relevant to our land-grant mission
• Develop and lead a research program consistent with the individual's expertise
• Support the overall mission of the Department
• Work in a diverse and multicultural environment by fostering diversity and teamwork
• Ph.D. degree (at time of employment) with an emphasis in animal science or related field
• Aptitude and enthusiasm to teach and advise undergraduate and graduate students
• Ability to develop an impactful research program relevant to animal agriculture and train graduate students
• Commitment to the University's land-grant mission
• Evidence of being a successful team member and leader, including the ability to collaborate with and/or lead a diverse team of colleagues, staff, students, and industry stakeholders
• Proficiency in a breadth and depth of animal science species and disciplines
• Proven record of teaching and scholarly activity consistent with experience level in monogastric or ruminant nutrition, reproductive physiology, animal breeding/genetics, or other related discipline
• Applicability of scholarly activity towards K-State's Plan for Economic Prosperity in Kansas
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Applicants should complete the application process through K-State's PageUp recruiting system and upload the following:
• Cover letter to include an explanation of how your expertise aligns with the position including philosophy of teaching and research
• Curriculum vitae
• Copies of unofficial academic transcripts
• Name and contact information for three professional references
Review of Applications Begins:
February 1, 2022. For best consideration, apply by February 1, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 14, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2709487