Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670010080 Grain Science & Industry
Job no: 509477
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Agriculture, Food Safety, Food Science, Food Systems
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Department of Grain Science and Industry (https://www.grains.k-state.edu/) is seeking applications for a 9-month tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level with 60% teaching, 30% research, and 10% service appointment in the area of bakery science with the expectation for a summer appointment.
The successful candidate will develop an innovative teaching program, encompassing both existing and new undergraduate and graduate courses (including online offerings) covering subject matter related to the science of baking.
The successful candidate will be expected to obtain extramural support for and direct an undergraduate and graduate research program focused on relevant problems in the baking industry. Potential areas of research include, but are not limited to, bakery processes, ingredient functionality, product safety and quality.
The successful candidate will be expected to serve as a critical faculty member of the Bakery Science Program and actively recruit new students. The candidate will advise undergraduate students and participate in undergraduate and graduate student club activities, as well as contribute to departmental, college and university committees, and appropriate professional/industry associations. Additionally, the individual will serve as the co-advisor to the department's Bakery Science Club. The individual will create an environment that fosters diversity and collegiality and must possess the ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
The candidate will perform other duties as requested by the Department Head in keeping with the responsibilities of the appointment.
Additional Information: Nominations of outstanding potential candidates and inquiries regarding this position are welcome, and should be directed to Dr. Hulya Dogan, Bakery Science Search Committee Chair, Department of Grain Science and Industry, Kansas State University, 201 Shellenberger Hall, Manhattan, Kansas 66506-2201. Telephone: (785) 532-2628; Fax: (785) 532-7010, E-mail: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Join Us:
K-State is the only school in the United States that offers a four-year Bachelor of Science degree in Bakery Science and Management, and our influence is felt world-wide. Each year, we place a new batch of well-educated graduates in a variety of high-salary careers, with 100% job placement in recent years. A variety of cereal food manufacturers, food ingredient manufacturing facilities, research and development laboratories, and commercial bakeries are examples of the types of local, national, and international companies who compete for our graduates.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Ph. D. in Food Science, Grain Science, Nutrition Biochemistry or relevant discipline.
• Practical understanding or experience in the baking or allied industries.
• Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Strong commitment to fostering and expanding diversity in the grain-based food industry.
• Must have a d demonstrated ability to teach in a classroom setting and conduct scholarly research.
• Industry experience in baking or allied areas.
• Diverse job experience and responsibilities.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• A letter of application summarizing qualifications relevant to the position description.
• Resume with a complete list of publications,
• Official academic transcripts of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• One to two page summary of teaching philosophy and statement of research interest for the program.
• Copies of relevant publications and teaching materials such as course syllabi
• Contact information of three professional references.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by October 9, 2020
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Commensurate with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 31, 2020
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233766