Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670055060 Kinesiology
Job no: 512092
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Applied Sciences
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Department of Kinesiology, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a 9-month Assistant/Associate Professor to join their team. Candidates with strong research backgrounds and demonstrated expertise in exercise behavioral science and/or public health are invited to apply. Candidates who conduct applied research, actively address health disparities and social determinants of health, develop partnerships with community organizations, and work to disseminate interventions to improve population health are especially encouraged to apply. To be considered for the rank of Associate Professor, applicants must show evidence of research productivity (publications, grant funding) and excellence in teaching and mentoring, in addition to the requirements listed below. This tenure-track position will report directly to the Department Head.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Commitment to scholarly productivity and conducting nationally visible, funded research complementary of department, college, and university research initiatives
• Teach undergraduate and graduate-level courses in the Kinesiology program and/or the Bachelor and Master of Public Health programs
• Mentor graduate students
• Provide university and professional service
This 9-month position at the rank of assistant or associate professor has a preferred starting date of August 2022, with a competitive salary and start-up funds commensurate with qualifications and experience (for information regarding how benefits may apply to this position, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/docs/2021_benefits_summary.pdf).
Why Join Us:
The Department of Kinesiology includes core faculty in two focused research disciplines: exercise behavioral science and exercise physiology. The department offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees and participates in the interdisciplinary MPH program. In addition to the kinesiology degree, the department now offers undergraduate degrees in public health and integrative physiology. There are more than 550 undergraduate majors and 30 graduate students in the department. The Department provides a collegial and supportive environment that fosters high-quality research and highly-ranked graduate programs. There are numerous opportunities for collaboration with other Kinesiology faculty members, faculty in the College of Health and Human Sciences, and other Departments and programs across campus, including unique intramural NIH funding opportunities.
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and the Center on Aging. In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program and to serve as a satellite location for the WSU nursing program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Earned doctorate in kinesiology, public health, or related field
• Focused line of research in physical activity, behavioral science, health promotion, and/or public health
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• At least two years of postdoctoral research experience or equivalent faculty appointment
• Record of external funding
• University teaching experience in relevant area(s)
• Experience with course development and online teaching
• Experience mentoring students in research
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae (CV)
• Statement of research interests and teaching/mentoring interests and philosophy
• Contact information for three professional references (references will only be contacted after advancement in candidacy and after the candidate has granted permission
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Emily Mailey, Ph.D. (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line: Kinesiology Faculty Search.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Initial review of applications will begin February 11, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jan 12, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2775853