Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670003530 Registrars Office
Job no: 512990
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of operations, functions, and staff associated with the Student Services area of the Office of the Registrar as well as the development and implementation of various projects related to the mission and goals of the office. Functions of the Student Services unit include but are not restricted to areas of registration, transcripts, waivers, residency reclassification, graduation, grades, academic standing, commencement planning, etc.
Job Duties Include:
• Responsible for understanding the processes and effects of unit processes that encompass Beginning and End of Term processing and set-ups.
• Will assist Associate Registrar for Academic Technolgy and University Registrar in the support, creation, and maintenance of the University Academic Calendar to ensure proposed dates are in alignment with all policies.
• Responsible for overall unit processes that encompass the Student Services Team and the processing and set-ups affiliated with Office of the Registrar customer service, processes and support, this position will provide support and back-up to Associate Registrar and University Registrar.
• Participates in budget planning and operational goals and objectives. Assists with faculty and staff requests, student and community on all Office of the Registrar service related issues on an as needed basis.
• Handles adjustments to academic records and other enrollment services functions as related.
• Primary staff that is responsible for overall working knowledge of Residency Reclassification proceses, application of KBOR and State of Kansas tuition/residency waivers and MOU's/Agreements (i.e., Missouri Reciprocal, Military and Veteran waivers, etc…), the review of applications for resident tuition rates and various fee waivers and the determination of eligibility based upon Kansas state statutes, Kansas Board of Regents regulations and university policy.
• Services as a member of the leadership team in the Office of the Registrar and provides counsel to members of the public, students, parents, faculty, staff, and other university personnel.
• Provides guidance concerning the university, state, and other policies and procedures about all the functions of the Office of the Registrar. Has the authority to handle problems, interpret policy, and make exceptions.
• Responsible for recommending employment and termination decisions in this area as well as coaching, training, and determining disciplinary action.
• Promotes team concept assisting with hands-on processes, training, and team building. Serves as a role model and leads by example. Requires excellent communication skills, technical understanding, and customer service orientation in all areas of the Division of Enrollment Management and Office of the Registrar. Communicates a universal knowledge to of all positions in the Office of the Registrar related to student record system.
• Serves as liaison between students, faculty, staff, and various committees. May hold direct responsibility for coordination and communication of information to and from various office committees.
• Has the authority to resolve problems, interpret policy and make exceptions independently. Provides leadership and direction in the Office of the Registrar in support of goals and objections and office functions. May act on behalf of the Registrar in his/ her absence.
• Requires excellent communication skills, technical understanding, and customer service orientation in all areas of the Division of Enrollment Management and Office of the Registrar. Communicates a universal knowledge of all positions in the Office of the Registrar related to student academic records.
• Supports the overall mission of the University, Enrollment Management, and the Office of the Registrar. Works to solve student issues with other areas of campus and special projects as assigned.
• Promotes a culture of diversity, innovation, communication, and meaningful relationships, participates in internal and external professional development opportunities, and takes on additional duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
The https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/provides services to all University stakeholders in support of the institutional mission. We strive to provide excellent customer service https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/staff/ https://www.k-state.edu/registrar/about/staff/rsistence, and a sincere desire to improve. We believe communication is crucial to our mission, must reflect our values, and must demonstrate the respect we hold for our community. We maintain the integrity and privacy of the student academic record in a manner that meets student needs and complies with federal, state, and University regulations. We take pride in our integrity and recognize how accountability for our actions is interwoven into our responsibility to one another and the University. We value differences and demonstrate respect for human dignity. We further affirm the worth of each member of our Office and those in the university community by treating each individual with respect and courtesy. Technology and innovation are vital in our desire to embrace intellectual curiosity and creative problem-solving. We aspire to collaborate with the University by providing innovative and solutions-based service.
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree
• 1-3 years relevant experience
• Master's Degree.
• Higher Education/post-secondary experience: Three years progressively responsible experience in Enrollment Management (Admissions, Financial Aid, and Registrar) or experiences directly related area of expertise that interacts with the business processes handled by these offices.
• Knowledge of curriculum and catalog processes, student records maintenance, registration/enrollment processes, degree and graduation processes, etc...
• Experience reviewing, implementing, or recommending changes to multiple policies and procedures, including university, state, and federal rules and regulations. Knowledge of FERPA a must.
• Working knowledge of Student Information Systems platform(s) - i.e. PeopleSoft/Oracle, u.achieve/DARS, Imaging (Perceptive/ImageNow), National Student Clearinghouse, etc.
• Three years supervisory experience including but not limited to the direct supervision of 5+ staff, hiring decisions, pay and time card tracking, etc.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment in evaluating situations, making decisions as well as grasp new techniques and updates to products/processes quickly.
• Experience working with diverse populations along with providing training and technical development, public speaking, presentations, customer service in higher education-related areas.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Resume (preferred experience in month/year format, education)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by Monday, May 23, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$44,747 to $57,049
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: May 04, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3054471