Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach for Baseball and Golf Programs (K-State Athletics)
Department: 3670001110 K-State Athletics Inc (Agcy)
Job no: 510830
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
K-State Athletics is seeking qualified applicants for ASSISTANT STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING COACH FOR BASEBALL & GOLF, which is a full-time, salaried, benefits-eligible position.
An example of job duties includes but are not limited to:
• Research, design, implement and monitor the strength and conditioning program for baseball and golf sports
• Carry out assigned responsibilities as instructed by Director of Strength and Conditioning for Olympic Sports and as outlined in the strength and conditioning policies and procedures manual
• Communicate with sports medicine staff regarding student-athlete injuries and modifications and to workouts for each injured/rehabilitating student-athlete
• Assist in the appearance, maintenance, and organization of equipment in the weight room, as well as education and enforcement of weight room rules
Why Join Us:
We are looking for someone who is passionate about strength and conditioning and wants to become a member of our staff to help advance our strength and conditioning program through hard work, knowledge, and dedication.
Our mission is to foster a culture in which our student-athletes have every opportunity to reach their maximum potential academically, athletically, mentally, and socially while operating an organization that is anchored by a genuine commitment to K-State, our supporters and each other.
For more information on K-State Athletics, please visit http://www.kstatesports.com/
For more information on Manhattan, KS and the University, please visit http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/jobs/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks candidates whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's commitment to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's Degree at time of application
• Strength and conditioning experience with a professional baseball team or collegiate baseball program
• Current certification by either one of the two NCAA recognized strength and conditioning certification organizations: NSCA-CSCS or CSCCa-SCCC
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with program staff members, sport coaches and student-athletes
• Experience working effectively with student-athletes from diverse ethnic, cultural and/or socio-economic backgrounds
• Master's Degree at time of application
• Strength and conditioning experience with a collegiate golf program
• Experience as a college student-athlete at any level
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
This position holds expectations of compliance with all NCAA, Big 12 Conference, Kansas State University and K-State Athletics, Inc. rules and regulations.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, applicants must complete the online application and submit/upload the following documents:
• Cover letter including your qualifications for the position
• Resume that includes three professional references and their contact information (name, title, phone number, email address)
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled
Salary Rate / Pay Rate:
$ 48,000 - $ 52,000 annual salary
• Medical, dental and vision health plans
• Retirement plan
• Earned leave plan - vacation and sick
• Parental leave plan
• Term life insurance
• Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
• Long term disability insurance
• Paid KSU designated holidays
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee. If the position is in the development, business or ticket office, the background screen will include a credit check.
Advertised: Jun 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2296589