Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Job Description: The University of the Virgin Islands Agriculture Programs is seeking candidates for appointment to the teaching faculty at an Assistant or Associate Professor level with the opportunity for research and extension responsibilities in the third year of appointment. This is a 10 month tenure-track appointment that will focus on teaching agricultural business/economics/marketing/finance and cooperatives, etc. The research and extension responsibilities will create the opportunity to work with various internal and external stakeholder groups of the Agriculture Programs. The University of the Virgin Islands is a land-grant institution with well-established Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) and Cooperative Extension Service (CES). The Agriculture academic program is new and emerging, and thus we are seeking engaged, innovative, and student-centered faculty to assist in building this program.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
1. A Ph.D. in agribusiness/economics from an accredited college or university.
2. One (1) to two (2) years of teaching experience for Assistant Professor and two (2) to six (6) years for Associate Professor.
3. Experience in advisement and mentoring of students.
4. Experience working with diverse students especially minorities and first-generation college students.
5. Ability to work both independently as well as a member of a team.
6. Ability to build partnership and collaboration for teaching, research, and extension work.
7. Potential to generate external funding.
8. Engagement with professional organizations.
9. Excellent in oral and written communication skills with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
10. Knowledge of tropical/Caribbean agriculture.
Website for this position: https://careers.uvi.edu/postings/3614