Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Assistant, Associate or Full Professor – Tobacco, Hemp and Other Specialty Crops Production. University of Tennessee (75% Extension, 25% Research) full-time tenure track position
Location The University of Tennessee, Institute of Agriculture, Department of Plant Sciences, Knoxville, TN
Effective Date Screening of applicant credentials will begin July 15, 2020 and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary and Benefits Salary is commensurate with training and experience. Benefits include insurance, retirement, paid annual and sick leave, and other numerous University of Tennessee and state benefits programs.
· Provide leadership in planning, implementing and evaluating county-based educational programs for production of tobacco (including dark fire-cured, burley, dark air-cured, and Connecticut broadleaf), hemp and other specialty crops in Tennessee.
· Develop partnerships with county, district, and multi-state Extension faculty and staff; industry representatives; and Research and Education Center personnel to develop tobacco, hemp and/or other specialty systems-based education and research programs. Experience with tobacco production highly desirable.
· Develop timely educational materials and programs for county Extension staff, producers, agribusiness firms, and other agencies
· Work closely with producer groups and industry representatives to promote practices for improved crop profitability, sustainability, and program support
· Develop a strong extension and applied research program; publish research findings in peer-reviewed journals and other outlets as appropriate
· Publish peer reviewed Extension publications and articles in other appropriate outlets
· Mentor graduate students as major/co-major professor or graduate program committee member
· Provide leadership to state level 4-H programs as appropriate
· Provide leadership for a program of activities that meets the needs of eligible clientele regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, religion, or veteran status
For further information regarding this position, please visit: https://ag.tennessee.edu/plantsciences
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should submit the following electronic documents to Dawn Seigel (email@example.com):
· Letter of interest;
· Curriculum vita or resume;
· List of references (5 minimum);
· Official transcript(s) showing degree(s) conferred.
Inquiries about the position should be directed to Dr. Neil Rhodes (firstname.lastname@example.org), Search Committee Chair, Department of Plant Sciences, 2505 EJ Chapman Dr., Knoxville, TN 37996; phone: 865-974-7208.
The University of Tennessee is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services.