Position Announcement -- Associate Vice President
Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station
Oklahoma State University
The Division of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources (DASNR), Oklahoma State University, invites nominations and applications for the position of Associate Vice President, Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station (OAES). This 12-month position is administratively responsible to the Vice President for the Division.
The OAES Associate Vice President will provide statewide, regional, and national leadership to foster high-quality research programs.
- Lead long-range planning, implementation, and reporting for OAES programs through a system involving faculty, administration, and leaders of affected constituencies, keeping in mind the context of the land-grant mission.
- Provide program and budget direction to the Vice President for priority needs with input from farm, commodity and natural resource organizations, Division administration, and faculty.
- Allocate fiscal and human resources to units and programs to further the missions of OAES, DASNR, and Oklahoma State University.
- Manage day-to-day operations of OAES administrative issues.
- Provide administrative oversight to statewide field research stations and research laboratories within the Division.
- Serve as a member of DASNR’s executive team.
Research Direction and Capacity Building
- Provide leadership to build capacity of faculty to attract research funding from government agencies, foundations, and industry groups. Facilitate the development of interdisciplinary research teams and support faculty involvement in interdisciplinary research efforts.
- Administer NIFA funds for Hatch, Hatch Multi-State, McIntire-Stennis, Animal Health capacity grants and extramural competitive grants.
- Provide leadership for comprehensive evaluation of OAES programs and develop resources for faculty PIs in the assessment of research impacts.
- Develop strategies and capacity for global and multi-institutional research proposal support. Review and make recommendations to the Vice President, department heads, and faculty on formulating proposals for internal and external funding and on accepting public and private grants and other financial support.
- Provide leadership to Centers and Institutes in the Division for their research mission.
Collaboration and Partnerships
- Represent OAES on the university associate deans for research group, as well as work with research directors and faculty in other colleges and institutions
- Collaborate with the Associate Vice President of the Cooperative Extension Service and the Associate Dean of the Ferguson College of Agriculture to achieve effective coordination of teaching, research, and Extension programs within the Division.
- Participate with the USDA/NIFA, APLU Experiment Station Committee on Organizational Policy and other appropriate committees and organizations relating to research planning and evaluation activities at the regional and national levels.
- Maintain liaison with the USDA Agricultural Research Service and other federal agencies to coordinate federal and state research efforts, with particular emphasis on the management and strengthening of cooperative programs of mutual benefit.
- Cooperate with the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry and other state agencies to provide agricultural, natural resources, and environmental research benefiting the State of Oklahoma.
- Foster innovative technology development and oversee intellectual property issues resulting from these activities through partnerships with the OSU Research Foundation.
- A doctoral degree in agricultural sciences, natural resources, food sciences, biological sciences or a related discipline; scholarly achievement in research meriting appointment as full professor with tenure in one of the Division’s academic departments.
- Thorough understanding of the land-grant mission.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills required.
- A demonstrated ability to serve effectively as an administrative leader; an understanding of issues important to Oklahoma agriculture and a grasp of the means to provide visionary and progressive leadership to OAES functions.
SALARY: Commensurate with qualifications.
BEGINNING DATE: On or before July 1, 2021.
APPLICATION: Applications will be accepted until a successful candidate has been appointed. Interested parties are encouraged to submit their materials by January 31, 2021, for optimal consideration. Nominations and application materials, which should include a letter indicating the applicant’s interest, experience and qualifications for the position, and curriculum vitae, must be submitted electronically to:
Martin M. Baker, Managing Partner
email@example.com | 336-721-9100
Nominations should include the name, address, email address, and telephone number of the nominee. Questions may be addressed to Dr. Damona Doye, Chair, Search and Screen Committee, 405-744-5398, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about OAES, DASNR, OSU and Stillwater, visit these websites or request additional information from email@example.com.
Oklahoma State University, as an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Oklahoma State University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all individuals and does not discriminate based on race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or veteran status with regard to employment, educational programs and activities, and/or admissions. For more information, visit https:///eeo.okstate.edu