Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670085547 Salina Dept of Aviation
Job no: 510828
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades, Aviation / UAT / UAS
Pay Grade: 07B
About This Role:
The Kansas State University Aerospace and Technology campus in Salina, KS is seeking an experienced Aviation Technician to maintain university-owned aircraft to ensure that they remain in airworthy condition. Aviation aircraft are used in the flight training program with routine and periodic maintenance inspections occurring daily.
Why Join Us:
As one of the best aviation universities in the country, our university and award-winning campus have an international reputation for excellence. We offer three instrument runways adjacent to campus, modern classrooms, labs, a state-of-the-art Canadair Regional Jet simulator, an operational dispatch center, an aviation maintenance training hanger and a nationally recognized unmanned aircraft systems program. More information can be found at http://polytechnic.k-state.edu/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One or more years of relevant experience
• Airframe Certificate
• Power Plant Certificate
• Inspection Authorization
• Education at the secondary or post-secondary level
• Graduation from an FAA approved aviation maintenance FAR Part 147 school
• One year experience working on piston powered aircraft under the privileges of their Airframe and Power Plant Certificate
• Ability to read and interpret written material, part manuals/catalog and schematics
• Ability to work independently
• Basic computer skills with experience using Talon/RMS software
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Copies of required certificates
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by December 15, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.63 - 29.00/hr
Salary offers are commensurate with experience and education.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2725364