Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670070040 Administrative Support Center
Job no: 510531
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Administrative Support Center (ASC) is seeking applicants for a Budget/Fiscal Coordinator to complete high-level tasks including account audit, post-award accounting, fund management, and budgeting for department-level customers.
Customer Service, Communication, and Data for Decision Makers
• Works directly with department heads for customer departments including President, Provost, Vice Provosts, Vice Presidents, Department Heads, and other unit leaders to provide routine and ad-hoc reports, financial data, budget updates, procurement guidance, and other information as directed by the Director of the Administrative Support Center (ASC) or leaders for customer departments.
• Maintains at least monthly contact with the department head for all ASC customer departments.
• Supports unit heads, in coordination with ASC Director, in managing unit/department budgets, salary savings, or special funding projects.
• Works with campus academic departments on behalf of ASC and customer departments to disburse awards or allocated funding. Participates in meetings with departments to understand programs and funding obligations for planning purposes and to support the department decision-making process.
• Leads in department interaction for full-service travel when requested. Uses department accounting shadow system to track and records expenses appropriately for reporting and to reconcile with the central accounting system.
• Directs Accountant I activity and participates, when needed, in the completion of all payment documents for departments supported by the ASC and ensures payments are made on time.
• Ensures that all university policies and procedures for accounting, purchasing, and budget are followed throughout ASC processes for all assigned accounts.
• Oversees and participates in the creation of invoices and the management of all accounts receivable transactions. Audits and monitors accounts closely at fiscal year-end, manages the preparation of transfers of payment as needed to close the fiscal year, and prepares all final annual reports for departments. This includes state accounts and Foundation accounts.
• Several departments have federal or state grant activity and this position manages the tracking, payment, and internal reports for all grants in customer departments. Each sponsor and project has its own unique set of rules and procedures for reporting activity and allowable use of awarded funding.
• This position must advise investigators, often across multiple departments, of any applicable regulations, policies, or reporting requirements.
• Must also maintain responsibility for expending with awarded budget categories, tracking of grant beginning and expiration dates, and reconcile all accounts between the department accounting system and the central accounting system.
• Prepares all related sponsored project account expenditure reports ensuring compliance with budgetary guidelines as dictated by the funding agency.
Central Office Liaison
• Coordinates requested reporting for central accounting and purchasing office for all customer departments.
• Oversees inventory report request process, ensures report is verified by the department, and submits the report to the Division of Financial Services.
• Functions as the main liaison between customer departments and central accounting office for policy and procedure questions.
• Works with the ASC Director to maintain the annual budget for departments, inputs changes as requested, and ensures final budget meets customer departments directives.
• Assists the ASC Director in special projects in support of departments and university as requested.
• This position, with other ASC Budget/Fiscal Coordinator positions, will provide training, mentoring, and direction to Accountant I transactional positions. Recognize when additional training is needed and provide training and reach out to the appropriate office to help coordinate training.
• Provide leadership in creating a culture of excellence and customer service in the ASC.
• Work with ASC Director to resolve complaints from or difficult situations with customer departments.
• Participates in financial procedure development for the ASC as we look for increased efficiencies and streamlined processes.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• Three to five years of relevant experience (Educational equivalency may be used as determined relevant by the hiring manager.)
• 4 years experience in accounting, finance, or related field
• 4 years experience in professional accounting/auditing work
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Three professional references with current contact information.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$18.75 to $23.90 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your employment application, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 19, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233627