Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Budget/Fiscal Coordinator (K-State Libraries)
Department: 3670003040 Hale Library
Job no: 511383
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Business / Accounting / Finance, Library
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
https://www.lib.k-state.edu/ seek a talented and detailed-oriented Budget/Fiscal Officer to provide excellent customer service in accounting oversight, reconciliation, financial reporting, as well as human resources support. Responsibilities of this position include:
• Accounting responsibility and oversight of the approximately $15 million dollar annual budget for K-State Libraries, including branch libraries, obtained from state, restricted fees, Foundation, sponsored research overhead, and grants. This position provides oversight for all State and Foundation funds received for designated purposes as well as operational transactions and reporting through a secondary accounting system.
• Responsible for the coordination of major purchasing projects between $10,000-$50,000 as the delegated bid authority for the K-State libraries which will include initiating purchase requisitions for bids and the completion and submission of all necessary paperwork to the central purchasing department.
• Manages the Libraries student employment cycle to include recruitment, onboarding, training/orientation, evaluation, time and leave, recognition, pay structure, and offboarding.
• Process time entry and payroll for faculty, staff and student employees.
• Accurately complete forms associated with HR related transactions and submits them to Human Capital Services (HCS) for processing.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree
• One to three years of relevant experience
• Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Prior experience working in the MIP accounting system and the FIS university accounting system
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 23, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 19.13 - $ 24.38 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2474056