Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for K-State Olathe
Department: 3670053010 K-State Olathe
Job no: 511530
Employment type: Executive
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Categories: Executive / Director / Management
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Kansas State University invites applications and nominations for Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for K-State Olathe. The University is seeking a dynamic individual with exceptional leadership, strategic, and interpersonal capabilities to lead K-State Olathe, its newest campus located in the Kansas City metropolitan area in Olathe, Kansas. The CEO reports directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President and serves as a member of the Deans Council and on the K-State Olathe Board of Directors.
The K-State Olathe CEO serves as an advisor to the President and Provost in establishing both strategic directions and significant initiatives in research and education in the Kansas City region on behalf of Kansas State University. The CEO works closely with a variety of stakeholders in order to advance the role of K-State Olathe within the University with strong academic/industry/government partnerships integrating education, research, and engagement to address the needs of a rapidly changing world. Strong collaboration with senior administrators, deans, and other academic leaders at the university as well as leaders in government, industry, and academia in the Kansas City region is required. An appreciation of the strengths and diverse expertise of K-State Olathe faculty and staff and support of growing programs and current industry connections and engagement with Kansas City area community colleges will also be necessary for success.
The CEO represents the President and Provost in the Kansas City area, when asked; establishes opportunities for their engagement with regional leaders on issues important to the university, and works with federal, regional, and state agencies and industry in creating partnerships that advance the University's research, education, and engagement missions. He/she takes a leadership role in public relations and marketing of the University's presence in the Kansas City region. maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with the community, alumni, benefactors, and industry. The CEO will also work with university and regional stakeholders to maintain a strategic focus for K-State Olathe consistent with the strategic directions of Kansas State University and to build continued excellence and growth in education, research, and outreach programs offered through the Campus. The CEO attends and represents the Olathe campus at meetings and stays in close contact with local government.
The CEO also serves as the chief administrative officer for K-State Olathe and is responsible for overall program leadership, strategic direction, fiscal stewardship, fund development, policy formulation, impact assessment, and aligning the efforts and strengths of K-State Olathe with those of the university and its K-State 2025 Visionary Plan. The CEO is also responsible for the operational management of the Olathe Campus, including personnel, facilities (i.e., laboratory, teaching, and event spaces), infrastructure, and safety.
Why Join Us:
K-State Olathe is the leader advancing Kansas State University in the Kansas City Metropolitan area with strong academic/industry/government partnerships integrating graduate and undergraduate educational opportunities, research, and engagement to address the needs of a rapidly changing world, especially those focused on enterprises related to animal health and food safety and security. It is also home to the School of Applied and Interdisciplinary Studies (https://olathe.k-state.edu/academics/school/). The faculty at K-State Olathe are a combination of resident and non-resident, full- and part-time, and adjunct faculty supporting graduate and undergraduate programs, research, and/or engagement. K-State Olathe's graduate programs include a combination of existing, unique, and new research- and professional-based degrees (Graduate Certificates, Master's, and Doctorates), a high proportion of which are interdisciplinary. In addition, K-State Olathe continues to expand undergraduate offerings and pathway partnerships with area community colleges. K-State Olathe works with the Johnson County Education and Research Triangle Authority (JCERTA) to support existing businesses and attract new industry to the area while delivering a substantial return on investment. K-State Olathe also organizes and manages an active and growing professional development program supporting and educating professionals at the state, national, and international levels.
Building on its rich history as a student-centered research university, K-State has a goal of becoming recognized as one of the nation's top 50 public research universities. K-State Olathe plays an integral role in that pursuit and must be led by a dynamic individual whose intellect and disposition are suited to the wide range of academic and professional missions in the organization. For additional information, see the K-State Olathe https://olathe.k-state.edu/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's Degree required
• Proven success as a strategic leader with the ability to plan, coordinate, articulate, and execute a strategic vision and initiatives while engaging others.
• Proven record as a successful administrator with responsibility for guiding strategy, evaluating and motivating others resource acquisition and allocation, and overseeing operations, including personnel, facility, and technology management.
• Proven ability to initiate, lead, and foster transformational innovation and change, be adaptable with changing conditions, and comfortable with the ambiguity and pace of work that accompanies a large public university.
• Demonstrated success as a collaborator and relationship builder with a history of building, enhancing, and sustaining successful partnerships the local, state, regional, and national levels.
• Strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion.
• Record of promoting a collegial and constructive environment based on open communication, positive team building, and effective management.
• Demonstrated success in funds development, external fundraising, and financial management.
• Proven success as a strategic leader with accomplishments in developing and growing innovative and effective programs, including some involving academic stakeholders.
• Demonstrated success building, enhancing, and sustaining successful educational, research, or outreach partnerships across a university and with educational institutions, industry and government entities.
• An understanding and appreciation for the strategic directions of the university and an appreciation for how those directions can be enhanced through K-State Olathe, the K-State campuses, and the greater Kansas City metropolitan region.
• A working knowledge and appreciation of the manner in which a University functions academically, particularly with respect to educational and research programs that meet the needs of adult learners.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. For full consideration, applications should be received by November 4, 2021.
Please do not email applications. To be viewed by the firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyglu04
Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to: mailto:Jennifer@acesrch.com or call 860-740-2600.
Review of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by November 4, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 28, 2021
Application Closes: Nov 04, 2021
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2527080