Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Professional Development Program (PDP) of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a service-minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a Child Welfare Workforce Consultant position located in Buffalo, NY.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The project focus is to improve functioning of local county departments of social services while working closely with staff of the project sponsor, the New York State Office of Children and Family Services, to achieve the goals of safety, permanency, and well-being. Under the direction of the Department Manager or designee, position works with the project team to conduct activities related to the design, development, and delivery of continuing professional education programming for experienced caseworkers and supervisors of local Departments of Social Service and voluntary agencies.
· Provide training, consultation, coaching, facilitation and technical assistance through needs assessment, case consultation, and review of case practice.
· Identify and broker resources; develop district specific or regional performance improvement plans.
· Prepare and support implementation of performance improvement action plans.
· Analyze and interpret information about laws, regulations, policies, current research and best practice.
· Review various curriculums to ensure alignment with State practice model.
· Liaise with University, state and local agencies.
· Prepare reports.
SPECIAL NOTES: Employment is with The Research Foundation for The State University of New York, a private, nonprofit, educational corporation that administers sponsored program activity for the University at Albany. Salary is expected to be in the low $60s. Persons interested in the above position should submit a resume, three work-related references, along with a letter of application. Those selected for an interview will be asked to provide a writing sample. Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. To apply, go to http://rfhr.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=147624. Applicants may also visit our website at www.pdp.albany.edu for more information.