Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Client Services Assistant (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511323
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 04A
About this Role:
This Client Services Assistant is responsible for providing quality client services in the Large Animal, Small Animal, and Discharge/Emergency desk areas in the Veterinary Health Center, as well as providing clerical and administrative support for the Client Services Manager. Hospital mission includes requirement of providing quality medical services to clients and training for professional veterinary students. Client services must be provided in a professional manner, since first impression of service quality must be established at the time of initial contact to facilitate customer satisfaction, good will, and repeat customer business.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• PHONES: Act as telephone receptionist for all calls into the Veterinary Health Center after normal working hours. Calls include those from clients requesting emergency treatment of their animals or an update on their hospitalized pets' condition, referring veterinarians needing consultations, inter-hospital calls among staff, faculty and senior veterinary students, and general consultation/information calls from the public. Call duration and difficulty varies greatly and flexibility and finesse are needed. Use of multi-line console, in-hospital overhead paging system, personal pager system, and one-on-one contact are used to accomplish these tasks. Extensive knowledge of hospital protocol, faculty and staff rosters, emergency rosters, and daily census sheets are required. Excellent telephone skills, customer relations, and sound decision making skills are paramount
• ADMISSIONS: Receive and admit patients for care into the Veterinary Health Center (VHC) Emergency Animal Clinic. This requires a thorough knowledge of VHC protocol, familiarity with animal species and breeds, basic knowledge of medical terminology and health problems, accurate typing and computer data-entry skills, and a customer service approach. These duties are accomplished by obtaining information from clients, as it pertains to themselves and their pets, entering this data into the hospital information system, and preparing several forms for admission, including the patient medical record
• DISCHARGES: Process client financial invoices for patient discharge. This includes calculating charges, including applicable markups, reviewing charges assessed by faculty veterinarians, and entering this data into the Hospital Management System. Collection of cash, check, and credit card payments from clients and verification of total invoice for accuracy. Process credit card payments and reference charge clients for credit status. Receive and account for cash received and all cash transactions during duty shift.
• OVER-THE-COUNTER SALES: Receive and process payment for supplies, pharmaceuticals and pet food to faculty, staff, students, and clients.
• Other Responsibilities: Responsible for the training of student employees, microchip reader security and checkout, key lock box security and checkout, monitoring of the door lock system and update of the discharge desk procedures manual. Oversee the work of the student assistants to ensure that all protocols and Client Services Employee Expectations are followed. Perform all other duties/special projects as assigned by supervisor. All other duties/special projects as assigned by supervisor.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Requires one year of relevant experience
• High School Diploma
• Training in general office practice
• Two years experience in clerical or office support work preferred
• Experience in over-the-counter sales with related ability to handle money
• Experience with data processing and personal computer usage
• Experience with veterinary hospital management system will be an asset for this position
• Good public relation skills to include the ability to communicate professionally under stress such as might be imposed by an abusive client
• Working knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability and skills to efficiently coordinate calls on a multi-line telephone system
• Ability to collaborate with established procedures, protocols, and instruction from supervisor
• Ability to apply skills of a service oriented nature to the public, faculty, and students in order to promote harmonious working relationships and excellent veterinary care for patients
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 12.46 - $ 18.68 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 19, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2474263