Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Client Services Manager (Veterinary Health Center)
Department: 3670080070 Veterinary Health Center
Job no: 511035
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Executive / Director / Management, Veterinary Medicine, Medical
Pay Grade: 10A
About this Role:
The Veterinary Health Center (VHC) within the College of Veterinary Medicine is seeking applicants for a Client Services Manager. This position is responsible for leading our Client Services (CS) team to ensure consistent outstanding quality and efficient customer service to our clients CS areas include three customer services desks which include the Small Animal Reception desk, Large Animal Reception Desk and Discharge desk which operate during regular business hours, and the Discharge/Emergency desk which operates 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
This position provides direction for a 24/7 Department and will have required on-call responsibilities based on supervisory needs.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
Duties / Responsibilities:
• Operation, administration and management of the Client Services section providing services that consistently exceed our clients expectations. Duties of this position include hiring, training, motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling of Client Services staff. Ensuring established standards of quality improvement are met, problem solving, providing leadership and mentoring to ensure outstanding customer services at all levels, taking shifts as needed. Desk processes managed included telephone call management, paging, appointment scheduling, admissions, discharge, backup medical record auditing, and other related activities. The Client Services manager also works with the business officer to address financial related issues and follows up and responds to client concerns. Develop and oversee the implementation of client service protocols. Coach and support team members to help them meet departmental goals.
• Utilizing problem solving and critical thinking to improve VHC processes; including processes for the clients. Resolves client concerns and provides documentation of the resolution. Resolve complex client problems or disputes in a professional manner.
• Serve on various committees to include but not limited to Hospital Operations Team, EMR Team and staff development committee.
• Special projects and other duties as assigned by Administrator or Director.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree
• Three years of relevant experience (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager)
• Proven experience in a leadership role within a veterinary or medical clinical environment
• Knowledge of hospital policies governing admissions, discharges, release of information and of related requirements and accreditation standards
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to anticipate the needs of clients and the Veterinary Health Center
• Possess strong problem solving skills, creativity, interpersonal skills and analytical thinking to advance technology and high level customer service
• Experience with customer service systems development and deployment
• Strong customer service orientation
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision, including orientation, training and development
• Demonstrated leadership, planning and management skills
• Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and willingness to learn and implement new software
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please submit cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Salary Range / Pay Rate:
$ 50,490 - $ 80,743 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 06, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2352858