Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Clinical Director (Physician Assistant Program)
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 511200
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Executive / Director / Management, Medical
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
The Physician Assistant Program, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a Clinical Director to join their team. This position will participate in the organization, administration, planning, and evaluation of the 27-month program leading to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies (MSPAS) degree. The Clinical Director plans the clinical year scheduling of all clinical rotations, lectures, laboratory exercises, case study/critical thinking sessions, PALS certification sessions, and clinical skills testing sessions. This position will report directly to the PA Program Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Obtain, secure and maintain clinical affiliations
• Travel to clinical sites to conduct student site visits of students, and clinical site maintenance
• Provide classroom instruction during the didactic and clinical phases
• Participate in clinical assignments (proctoring of physical exam checkoffs, grand rounds, and problem-oriented physicals)
• Maintain a current curricular map showing the vertical and horizontal sequence of the curriculum in the clinical phase
• Supervise the clinical coordinator, and clinical instructional faculty
• Ensure that clinical instructional faculty (preceptors) are appropriately oriented to program mission and goals, program policies, specific teaching responsibilities, program instructional resources, and specific learning objectives for which they are responsible
• Serve as liaison between clinical facilities/preceptors and the PA program
• Complete initial and ongoing clinical preceptor, clinical site, clinical courses, and program evaluation, providing detailed analysis and reports for ongoing clinical phase and program evaluation, assessment, and improvement
• Work with didactic team to assess the effectiveness of the curriculum in preparing students for clinical rotations and entry-level practice
• Develop and review student learning objectives and learning outcomes on an annual basis, ensuring that course objectives correlate with the program learning outcomes and the preceptor evaluations of students, based on discipline
• Participate in the screening, interviewing, and selection of applicants for the PA program
• Serve as an academic advisor for PA students, and provide or arrange for remedial instruction as appropriate
• Supervise and counsel PA students during their Capstone research
• Serve as Chair of the clinical sub-committee, and serve on the PAEC committee
The ideal candidate has:
• Knowledge of PA program planning, development, and fiscal management
• Knowledge of accreditation process for PA programs
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated instructional and presentation skills
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
• Ability to interface with students, faculty, staff, and community members with tact and clarity
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekends as required
This full-time, 12-month position at the rank of clinical assistant professor has a preferred starting date of November 2021, with a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience (for information regarding how benefits may apply to this position, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/).
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and three academic units (Interdisciplinary Program in Gerontology, Family and Consumer Sciences Education, and General Human Ecology Studies). In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University is a distinguished public, land-grant institution renowned for the excellence of its faculty, students, staff, academic programs, research, and service. It is a three-campus system with the main campus located in Manhattan and the other campuses in Olathe and Salina. Online degree programs, professional development conferences and workshops, and enrichment classes and programs are offered through the K-State Global Campus. The university has an enrollment of more than 22,200 students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. K-State was recognized by the Princeton Review as one of America's best colleges and U.S. News & World Report lists the university among the top 75 public universities in the U.S. The mission of K-State is to foster excellent teaching, research, extension, and service that develop a highly skilled and educated citizenry necessary to advancing the well-being of Kansas, the nation, and the international community. K-State is also implementing an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025 (http://www.k-state.edu/2025).
K-State is centered on a 664-acre campus in Manhattan located 50 miles west of the state capital of Topeka and 125 miles west of Kansas City in the rolling Flint Hills. Manhattan provides access to a wide range of educational, cultural, medical, and recreational programs and facilities. The local economy is bolstered by K-State and its proximity to Fort Riley, a large U.S. Army installation, and is the future home of the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF).
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Graduation from an ARC-PA accredited PA program
• Master's degree or higher
• Current NCCPA certification
• Kansas Physician Assistant licensure or eligibility for Kansas licensure
• Five years of experience as a PA in clinical practice
• At least 1 year of teaching experience in higher education
• Administration experience in an educational setting, medical or PA education
• ARC-PA accreditation experience
• Earned doctoral degree in an appropriate discipline
• Two or more years of experience providing full-time physician assistant education
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Inquiries about the position should be directed to the search committee chair, Autumn Caycedo, MD (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org), with the subject line: PA Program Clinical Director Search.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Initial review of applications and interviews will begin in August/September and continue until the position is filled.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 03, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2413369