Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Clinical Recruiter (Physician Assistant Program)
Department: 3670055010 Health & Human Sciences Dean
Job no: 511504
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Physician Assistant Program, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a Clinical Recruiter to join their team. In coordination with the Clinical Director, this position will be responsible for establishing and administering strategies for the targeting, recruitment, and retention of clinical year preceptors and clinical sites; developing marketing materials; visiting and making presentations to medical providers and institutions; and planning and overseeing operational and administrative activities of the clinical phase. This position will report to the Clinical Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Participate in the development of preceptor recruitment and retention plans, strategies, and written materials
• Compose annual SWOT analysis of territorial competitors, opportunities, and best practices to effectively recruit preceptors and clinical sites and communicate the same to the clinical director for incorporation into overall marketing strategy
• Visit hospital and clinic administrative staff, human resource offices, etc., to promote outreach activities and arrange visits with prospective clinical preceptors
• Serve as liaison to develop partnerships between the Program and medical institutions, colleges, and places of employment throughout Kansas and beyond
• Create and maintain a database of prospective and current preceptors and potential clinical sites
• Create and distribute resource materials for preceptor and clinical site recruitment and retention programs
• Analyze trends in recruitment and retention programs and develop strategies for program evaluation
• Participate in developing operating goals and procedures for the Program and recommend, implement, and administer methods and procedures to enhance operations
• Participate in the admissions process by reviewing application materials and selecting applicants to Program
• Assist with career and academic counseling, planning, and advising of clinical year students
• Assist students with completion of onboarding requirements for clinical rotation sites
• Work with the Clinical Director to coordinate student placement at clinical sites
• Conduct interviews with students to assess their needs, goals, and choices of clinical rotation sites
• Conduct and document a review of the clinical section of ARC-PA's portal each semester
• Assist the clinical director in the direction, structure, and organization of clinical year rotations
Ability to travel is required as this position must be able to travel to clinics, hospitals, places of employment, medical conferences, etc., to meet and communicate with prospective clinical preceptor groups and/or individuals.
Why Join Us:
The College of Health and Human Sciences is home to six academic departments (Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics & Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design & Fashion Studies; Personal Financial Planning; and Kinesiology) and the Center on Aging. In addition, the college received approval from the Kansas Board of Regents to begin a Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies program and to serve as a satellite location for the WSU nursing program. The College enrolls roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and employs more than 115 full-time faculty members in teaching, research, and Extension positions (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/). The College is committed to promoting research, scholarship, creative activity, and discovery with a strategic and cohesive focus on health and human behavior.
Kansas State University is a distinguished public, land-grant institution renowned for the excellence of its faculty, students, staff, academic programs, research, and service. It is a three-campus system with the main campus located in Manhattan and the other campuses in Olathe and Salina. Online degree programs, professional development conferences and workshops, and enrichment classes and programs are offered through the K-State Global Campus. The university has an enrollment of more than 22,200 students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries. K-State was recognized by the Princeton Review as one of America's best colleges and U.S. News & World Report lists the university among the top 75 public universities in the U.S. The mission of K-State is to foster excellent teaching, research, extension, and service that develop a highly skilled and educated citizenry necessary to advancing the well-being of Kansas, the nation, and the international community. K-State is also implementing an aggressive plan to become a top 50 public research university by 2025 (http://www.k-state.edu/2025).
K-State is centered on a 664-acre campus in Manhattan located 50 miles west of the state capital of Topeka and 125 miles west of Kansas City in the rolling Flint Hills. Manhattan provides access to a wide range of educational, cultural, medical, and recreational programs and facilities. The local economy is bolstered by K-State and its proximity to Fort Riley, a large U.S. Army installation, and is the future home of the National Bio and Agro-Defense Facility (NBAF).
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in education, business, or related field of study
• 1-3 years of experience in a medical administrative environment, other healthcare-related field, or education
• Master's degree in education, business, or health-related field of study
• 4-5 years of experience in a medical administrative environment, other healthcare-related field, or education
• Ability to analyze success/failures and basic percentages to set self-goals and objectives
• Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures
• Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals
• Ability to plan and evaluate programs, analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements
• Ability to develop and deliver presentations
• Knowledge of student recruitment and retention issues
• Knowledge of configuration and use of computerized database programs
• Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organizational and coordinating skills
• Self-starter who is accountable and works well without direct supervision
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 48,000 - $ 62,000 annual salary
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Sep 22, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2516145