Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
College Adviser (Kansas City, Wichita, or Southwest Kansas)
Department: 3670003510 Vice Provost Enrollment Mgmt
Job no: 511121
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Categories: Office / Clerical, Student Affairs / Services
Pay Grade: 03A
About This Role:
Kansas State College Advising Corps (KSCAC) is hiring for multiple, full-time, College Advisers for Kansas City, Wichita, or Southwest Kansas. The College Adviser assists by providing guidance and encouragement needed for the students to navigate the college admissions and financial aid processes. College Advisers aim to help students find a “best-fit” post-secondary opportunity in order to increase the likelihood of post-secondary success in college or career. Additionally, advisers create and foster a college-going culture by engaging administration, teachers, and staff to help build an environment that encourages and supports college attendance and completion. The advisers are available to assist all students and families.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State College Advising Corps (KSCAC) is part of a national consortium, College Advising Corps (CAC). CAC is an independent non-profit organization that works to increase the rates of college enrollment and completion among low-income, first-generation college, and underrepresented high school students. CAC supports students nationwide through two innovative program models. The in-school advising model places well-trained, recent graduates from over 30 partner universities as full-time college advisers in high schools across the nation. The hybrid advising model serves students in both in-person and virtual settings. KSCAC uniquely offers the two advising models in support of assisting students to find their best-fit post-secondary pathway. We believe that every student deserves the opportunity to enter and complete high education and are committed to supporting students as they navigate the complex processes of college admissions, financial aid, and enrollment.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• A bachelor's degree earned in any field
• Excellent organizational skills. To include experience with the following: scheduling meetings, planning and developing workshops, planning & facilitating campus tours, etc.
• Excellent computer and writing skills. To include experience with the following: writing emails, developing and disseminating correspondence, materials, & publications; developing and utilizing a college advising website and/or social media site; etc.
• Demonstrated excellent attention to detail
• Self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
• Able to work in a diverse and changing environment
• Experience working with youth from economically disadvantaged backgrounds
• Experience or knowledge of college admissions and financial aid processes
• Verbal and written communication skills in Spanish
• Will be required to use a personal car to travel to designated, local high schools and training locations. Valid driver's license and current vehicle insurance upon employment.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by July 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2376256