Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communication & Marketing Specialist (College of Business)
Department: 3670025010 Business Administration Dean
Job no: 511073
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The College of Business is seeking a Communications & Marketing Specialist to join their team. This position is responsible for developing creating and authentic advertising messaging for key College of Business audiences. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Write persuasive advertising and promotional copy for print, web, social, and other digital media
• Write news releases and feature articles for publications
• Update web content
• Manage social media channels for the College of Business including developing content and plan and execute strategic efforts to increase social media impact
• Manage content on digital signage
• Copyedit and proof projects, fact-check and ensure accuracy of proof points, brags, and statistics in copywriting, adhere to university branding and style across writing efforts
Why Join Us:
Our goal is to provide excellent undergraduate and graduate degree programs that will prepare students to become successful business professionals in an increasingly diverse and interconnected workplace. The College's comparative advantage derives from a strong, inclusive family culture, a diverse and well-qualified student population, a faculty committed to high-quality research and teaching, dedicated staff, and strong support from alumni and the business community. The College is accredited by AACSB in both business administration and accounting.
To learn more visit: http://www.cba.ksu.edu/
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, advertising, or related field. This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by the hiring manager.
• Experience in writing for a communications unit, marketing/advertising agency, newspaper, or other related communications/marketing organization.
• Knowledge of and practice using AP style.
• Experience managing social media.
• Experience using a content management system (CMS) for website maintenance.
• Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to follow branding guidelines.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
In order to receive full consideration, please upload the following documents:
• Letter of interest addressing qualifications
• Work samples to include a press release and creative writing project
• Three professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by August 2, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$19.23-$25.00 per hour ($40,000 - $52,000 annually)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 09, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2361853