Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Communications & Marketing Specialist (Extension Nutrition Program)
Department: 3670055070 Extension Nutrition Program
Job no: 510249
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Extension Nutrition Program, within the College of Health and Human Sciences, is currently seeking a 12-month, 1.0 FTE Communications and Marketing Specialist. This position will develop and distribute educational and promotional materials to communicate with the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP program audience, stakeholders, local extension units, and the surrounding communities. This position will also utilize a variety of mediums to create and distribute engaging written, graphic, and video content to enhance the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP programs and projects. The Communications and Marketing Specialist reports to the SNAP-Ed Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies, including budget planning, content ideation, and implementation schedules
• Create and distribute engaging written and graphic content in the form of educational materials, e- and regular newsletters, webpage, and social media messages
• Ensure brand consistency in marketing and social media messages
• Grow and expand the SNAP-Ed and EFNEP program's presence on existing and new social media platforms
• Collect data to analyze interactions and visits, and use this information to create comprehensive reports and improve future marketing strategies and campaigns
Why Join Us:
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education (SNAP-Ed) is a nutrition education program provided at no cost to Kansas families with limited resources. Our goal is to provide nutrition education to individuals and families who receive food assistance or who are eligible to receive food assistance. In addition, we promote, implement and support initiatives for Policy, System and Environmental changes to improve dietary quality, prevent obesity and increase physical activity. SNAP-Ed is sponsored by the USDA through a contract with the Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) and implemented by Kansas State Research and Extension (KSRE). Programming takes place in 75+ counties through the efforts of County Extension Agents, Nutrition Educators and Nutrition Assistants.
The Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program is a nutrition education program provided at no cost to Kansas families and caregivers of young children with limited resources. EFNEP uses education to support participants' efforts toward self-sufficiency, nutritional health and well-being. The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) and National Institute of Food and Agriculture (NIFA) administers EFNEP through land-grant universities' cooperative extension programs.
For more information on both programs, please go to: https://www.he.k-state.edu/fnp/, https://snaped.fns.usda.gov/, and https://nifa.usda.gov/program/expanded-food-and-nutrition-education-program-efnep
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree in communications or marketing, or closely related field
• 2-3 years relevant experience
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including Premiere Pro
• Experience with major social media platforms
• Knowledge of website and marketing analytic tools
• Knowledge of HTML, CMS, development, and constraints
• Knowledge of and experience with limited resource families, diverse audiences and subject matter, including health, nutrition, and physical activity
• Ability to operate equipment and utilize technology software and other appropriate tools, such as smart devices, basic word processing/spreadsheet/database applications, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite, Zoom, Canvas, BlogSpot, WordPress, project management systems, website content management systems, etc.
• Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast paced environment
• Ability to organize resources and establish priorities
• Ability to foster cooperative work environment
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Review of applications begin immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 18.75 - $ 25.47 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Mar 30, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233696