Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Communications and Marketing Assistant
Department: 3670005040 Division of Financial Services
Job no: 510557
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Division of Financial Services is seeking applicants to fill the position of Communications and Marketing Assistant in the Cashiers and Student Services office. This position will develop and maintain communication processes within the office and the division.
• Develop and maintain communication processes within the office. Including email, telephone conversations as well as letter writing. Monitor student employee and staff communications and work with them to always communicate effectively and efficiently and positively portray the office. This will include but not be limited to billing, collections, and notification communications. Additionally, all communications between staff and students, families, departmental staff, and administrators.
• Maintain the Cashiers and Student Accounts Website. Work with the Director to display information timely and effectively. Make sure to use University-approved styles, fonts, and graphics to ensure uniformity across the website.
• Develop new and improved marketing materials within the office. This will include, but not be limited to “how-to” notices (how to sign up for the direct deposit, payment plans, add a designee, etc.), office signage, and PowerPoint presentations for various orientations.
• Develop office manuals for various positions and procedures. Make sure the Policies and Procedures Manual (PPM) chapters are current and effective.
• Research and explore various communication and presentation technologies. This will include chatbots, call systems, mobile queuing, voice messages, and new technology ideas as available. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires an associate degree and one to two years of relevant experience (This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.)
• Bachelor's degree in a related field to communications and marketing
• Working knowledge of Student/financial application
• Experience working in an office of higher education
• Experience with website design and PowerPoint software
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of individuals
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of Interest
• Three Professional References with current contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 30, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.42 to $19.26 hourly
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 22, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2234531