Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Communications and Marketing Specialist
Department: 3670040010 Education Dean of
Job no: 510564
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing, Office / Clerical, Graphic Design / Printing / Publishing
Pay Grade: 08A
About This Role:
The Catalyst Technology and Media Services in the College of Education is seeking applicants for a Communications and Marketing Specialist. The purpose of this position is to handle the everyday promotions of initiatives, activities and events to support the advancement goals of the College of Education and its mission. These would include but not be exclusive to, printed media, social media, website design and management, any and all forms of communications, video, audio, or mass mailings and promotions. They would assist and support the other areas and activities with-in the College such as departments, classrooms and faculty/student groups, that are in need of promotional services. Working closely with the Dean of Education to promote, design, and advance the mission of the College through marketing and communications media.
Why Join Us:
Located on the ground floor of Bluemont Hall, the Catalyst provides technology support, media services, and collaborative work space to faculty, staff and students in the College of Education. To learn more, please visit: https://coe.ksu.edu/academics/departments/catalyst/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Bachelor's degree. This position may use an educational equivalency as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
• Bachelor or Masters degree and 2 to 3 years experience in - journalism, communications, marketing, graphic design, or public relations.
• Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as the ability to collaborate with others.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Experience developing and implementing communications/marketing strategies and plans.
• Graphic design experience.
• Documented innovation and idea creation, such as magazines, flyers, brochures.
• Demonstrated leadership ability.
• Demonstrated capacity to work individually as well as in groups.
• Evidence of strong technology skills in twitter, facebook, and internet media sources.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for three professional references
• Work samples
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 2, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$39,000 - $55,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 21, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233773