Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Communications and Office Support Assistant
Department: 3670050020 Office of Research Development
Job no: 511333
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Communications / Public Relations / Marketing
Pay Grade: 06A
About This Role:
The Communications and Office Support Assistant is primarily responsible for supporting the communications and support efforts of various Global Food Systems Initiative activities including, but not limited to podcasts, workshops and speaking engagements, and monitoring and updating the GFS website. Additionally, the position will have a secondary reporting line to the Director of strategic research communications in the Office of the Vice President for Research in the development of written materials for use in SEEK, Research Weekly and other Food Research related communication. The specialist will also have support duties in the ORD (Office of Research Development) office environment. The specialist will also interface closely with K-State Innovation Partners' Communications and Marketing Specialist in ensuring an integrated approach to the multiple activities included under the GFS umbrella.
Why Join Us:
ORD, formerly known as the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (ORSP), promotes and facilitates the research, education, and outreach missions of the university by supporting and administering activities involving extramurally sponsored programs. Staff in our office manage internal seed grant programs and limited submissions, and they also provide a range of services that help faculty:
• Find funding opportunities and collaborators
• Polish proposal writing skills
• Apply to specific funding programs or submit to specific agencies such as NSF, NIH, and USDA
• Manage teaming and logistics and diversity/education plans for larger, multidisciplinary submissions
• Develop data management plans and more!
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires an associate degree
• One to two years of relevant experience
• Bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, or commensurate work experience
• Knowledge or experience using Adobe Suite Programs
• Knowledge of internet and social media sites
• Knowledge of Associated Press Style Guide
• Ability to work with various types of computer hardware and other computer related equipment
• Ability to communicate through the use of various forms of digital media such as social media, web posts
• Ability to effectively communicate through writing
• Ability to use innovation and creativity in program concepts
• Exceptional communication skills including strong business writing and oral presentation abilities suitable for university and community interaction
• High degree of motivation, flexibility to multi-task, reliability, responsiveness and attention to detail
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Demonstrate critical thinking and expresses ideas clearly, concisely and logically
• Innovative with a “can-do attitude"
• Experience in video/podcast production
• Communications experience required
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover letter
• Online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by September 26, 2021.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$15.42 - $19.26 per hour ($32,069 - $40,071 annually)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Aug 20, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2452334