Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Computer Systems Technology Instructor, Assistant Professor, or Associate Professor
Department: 3670085520 Poly Dept Integrated Studies
Job no: 510352
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 9 month
Location: Salina, Kansas
Categories: Education / Instructional, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Kansas State University Polytechnic Campus is seeking applications for a full-time Computer Systems Technology faculty member to join its Department of Integrated Studies. The successful candidate is expected to be an active contributor to the college's teaching activities. Areas of teaching emphasis may include, but are not limited to: software development and programming, database design and administration, data science, machine learning, robotic systems, web development, cyber security, or network and systems administration. This is a nine-month position with an expected effort of 80% teaching, 10% scholarship, and 10% service.
Why Join Us:
The Computer Systems curriculum has recently been revised to include innovative pedagogical approaches designed to support the polytechnic tenants of learning theory through real world, hands on application. If you have a passion for teaching and willingness to experiment with instructional design and delivery, you are encouraged to apply.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Master's degree in a related area
• 3+ years of experience in industry
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Desire to work with interdisciplinary teams
• An integrated expertise from three of the following areas is highly desirable:
• software engineering, computer programming, database development, data science, or machine learning
• PhD or equivalent in related area (required for tenure-track position)
• PhD candidates in their final year that are PhD(ABD) or PhD(c) status are encouraged to apply
• Higher education teaching experience
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Applicants must meet accreditation credential requirements to teach college courses
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of interest
• Resume with the names and contact information of three current, professional references (titles, mailing and emailing addresses, and phone numbers).
Note: Only complete application packets will be accepted.
Review of Applications Begins:
Immediately and will continue until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by April 15, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 01, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233689