Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: 3670040010 Education Dean of
Job no: 510468
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Term)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 09A
About This Role:
The Office of Educational Innovation (OEIE) is seeking a computer information specialist to provide exceptional technical expertise and support to the team. This position will manage and troubleshoot technical infrastructure for 25 - 30 team members while identifying and implementing technical solutions to streamline evaluation activities.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Provide friendly and responsive technical support for all computer hardware, software, and peripherals in a primarily Windows environment
• Purchase, configure, update, and maintain inventory for all computers and technology
• Consult with project teams to identify and implement technical solutions to streamline evaluation efforts and increase efficiency
The successful candidate should have:
• Experience and demonstrated success troubleshooting a variety of software and hardware issues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen to and understand the technical needs and issues of teammates
• Deep understanding of technical concepts (security, usability, etc.)
• Ability to learn new systems and structures and apply them to various contexts
Preference will be given to candidates who also have experience in one or more of the following areas:
• Advanced Excel tools such as pivot tables, vlookups, and nested formulas used to structure data
• ArcGIS or other mapping tools
• Database administration or development
We are a highly collaborative team that enjoys tackling complex problems while continuing to impress our clients. Please review our https://www.k-state.edu/oeie/about/ before applying.
Why Join Us:
OEIE is a fast-paced and growing office in the College of Education at Kansas State University. OEIE provides technical assistance and capacity building services in evaluation and program development to various state and federal agencies, universities, foundations, and businesses.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
Benefits to working for OEIE include:
• Very competitive health, leave, and retirement plans
• Sit/stand desk in your own office.
• New laptop and/or desktop plus the tools you need to succeed.
To learn more about OEIE, please visit https://www.k-state.edu/oeie/.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a high school diploma and two years of relevant experience.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 3 years experience providing computer support
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
• Experience configuring and providing technical support for desktop and laptop computers running Windows 10, Microsoft Office, and various related software applications
• Experience troubleshooting and providing technical assistance and training for a variety of systems and devices such as smartphones, video conferencing equipment, projectors, and printers
• Experience that demonstrates proficiency in solving technical problems quickly and learning and adapting to new systems
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Microsoft Excel
• Works independently and uses independent judgment in troubleshooting while working within a highly collaborative team
• Demonstrated organizational skills (e.g. managing inventory, regular updates, and balancing multiple projects)
• Demonstrated ability to understand complex problems, then identify or develop technical solutions in collaboration with professional staff
• Some experience in one or more of the following: a) Advanced Excel tools such as pivot tables, vlookups, and nested formulas used to structure data; b) ArcGIS or other mapping tools; c) Database administration or development
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Combine the following documents into a single PDF file and upload it along with your completed application:
• Letter of interest
• Names and contact information for three professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$43,870 - $67,990
The actual salary will be determined based on the candidate's experience, education, internal equity, and departmental funding. Salary offers are typically made between the minimum and midpoint of the salary range. The range indicated includes both the typical hiring range and potential future progression within the same position.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 02, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2233684