Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511080
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Dining / Hospitality, Food Safety
Pay Grade: 02A
About This Role:
Housing and Dining Services offers a unique and exciting opportunity for full-time employment (with benefits) as a Cook with Union Station by JP's, an on-campus full-service restaurant.
Cook positions offer the opportunity to prepare quality food in a diverse team environment dedicated to providing and supporting a “guest first” service culture and to demonstrate work habits that support a goal-oriented team environment.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Prepare and serve high-quality food using made-to-order cooking methods appropriate for a restaurant environment. Follow menus and uses standardized recipes. Tastes and evaluates products to ensure quality standards are met.
• Coordinate food production and service. Meet timelines for opening a restaurant. Monitor compliance to quality standards.
• Make production assignments for hourly student employees throughout meal production. Direct and train students to follow established procedures.
• Participate in training sessions, regularly scheduled staff meetings, and adhere to all HACCP procedures and food safety practices.
• Develop and maintain good working relationships. Promotes a harmonious work environment.
• Effectively uses resources and suggests improvements to operations.
Why Join Us:
http://housing.k-state.edu/ (HDS) is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 4,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe, and engaging accommodations for our residents, while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
In addition to serving students and the campus community, our retail venues provide the opportunity to serve the local community. HDS retail operations include Union Station by JP's, Fast Track, JP's Sports Grill, JP's Catering services, Cornerstone Cafe at Jardine, Wefald, & Hale Library, The Bakery at Derby, and numerous Quik Cats Convenience Stores across campus!
This is a unique opportunity for the applicant to showcase their cooking skills in a gastropub that serves high-quality locally influenced food with amazing Kansas microbrew beers. Come work with top-of-the-line equipment in a state-of-the-art kitchen that you can be proud to work in!
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of experience in commercial/institutional cooking
• 1-3 years cooking or baking experience in a restaurant setting
• Considerable knowledge of “from scratch” batch food preparation, proper use of equipment, food safety, sanitation, and safety procedures
• Ability to present food attractively
• Ability to develop and maintain harmonious work relationships with others
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
• High school graduation/GED
• ServSafe certification
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Ability to work variable shifts. Shifts will consistently total 40 hours per week.
• Must be able to perform work that regularly requires moderate physical exertion including lifting, standing, bending, and repetitive movements.
How to Apply:
Please complete the online application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$11.00 per hour. Some work shifts may be eligible for an additional shift differential of $.60 per hour.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 16, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2376936