Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511653
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Dining / Hospitality, Food Safety, Food Systems
Pay Grade: 04A
About This Role:
At the heart of it all, our dynamic team works together to prepare safe, wholesome food for the residents and guests in the Residence Hall system at Kansas State University. Cooks provide food production support to several different food and service platforms in a “from scratch” production environment. The work schedule is for a full 40 hours per week and includes a generous benefits package. The work schedule includes one Saturday or Sunday (one day) and every other weekend (twice per month). A day off will be scheduled either before or after the weekend day.
• Prepare multi-step, complex entrees and side dishes using standardized menus and recipes. Assist in the coordination of food production using batch cooking methods to produce quality food.
• Operate, clean, and maintain equipment and work areas in a safe and sanitary manner. Comply with all cleaning and sanitation standards.
• Evaluate food safety activities and works closely with others to make sure all equipment and cleaning standards are being met. Store and handle food in a safe and sanitary manner using established procedures.
• Participate as an effective team worker by cooperating with and assisting co-workers and by participating in daily meetings.
• Train and oversee the work of student employees in the production area. Perform other duties as assigned. Supports a teaching laboratory environment for students enrolled in academic-related programs.
Why Join Us:
K-State food is rated number 13 nationwide according to The Princeton Review's "https://www.princetonreview.com/college-rankings/best-colleges" in its 2021 issue. Our K-State students enjoy meals made from scratch on location by our dedicated, hardworking dining staff.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.htm
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year of experience in commercial/institutional cooking. This position is covered by the Kansas Association of Public Employees (KAPE) agreement.
• Considerable knowledge of large-scale food preparation, equipment, health sanitation, and safety procedures.
• Prefer versatility, a commitment to quality, and the ability to engage with and work harmoniously with others.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Ability to accurately weigh and measure ingredients, use and care for equipment and handle food safely while preparing high-quality products.
• This position is considered essential during a Declaration of Inclement Weather.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• Moderate physical exertion is required to perform the essential functions of the position. This includes, but is not limited to, lifting, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling, repetitive movement, transporting items up to 50 lbs.
How to Apply:
Please submit the online application.
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$12.50 per hour. Some work shifts are eligible for an additional $.60 per hour shift differential.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Nov 30, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2725376