Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Job Title: County Director (ADMIN MGR 1)
Job ID: 15635
Location: UCCE Capitol Corridor MCP (Woodland, CA)
How to Apply
Review the job posting and click the external applicant link to apply.
You must register to apply for a job or create a job search agent profile. Once you have selected to apply for a job online, click the 'Register Here' link and follow the steps to create the account. The system will not prompt you to register until you try to apply for a job online.
Employment applications must be submitted online through our careers site. Please note, we do not accept resumes or applications by email or on paper.
Since 1914 UC Cooperative Extension has been the bridge between local issues and innovative answers through the power of UC research.
Our advisors, specialists, faculty, and staff are committed to these principles:
• Connecting Californians to their University
• Being a leader to bring science-based solutions
• Providing information that is trustworthy and not biased
• Providing research that is practical to use
• Addressing the local concerns of communities
• Inviting the participation of all concerned stakeholders
• Serving where private industry cannot or will not
UC ANR's work makes a difference in the lives of all Californians.
The County Director is responsible for the coordination and overall operation of Cooperative Extension programs in Sacramento, Solano, and Yolo Counties. Responsibilities include oversight of effective educational and applied research programs, direction and leadership of academic and support staff assigned to county Extension programs; maintaining effective communication within the University and county government, securing adequate county Extension budgets, and developing and maintaining good working relationships with public and private agencies and with all four counties. The incumbent will increase the visibility of UCCE by communicating the positive impacts and benefits realized by the citizens of the local counties and the state through the activities and contributions of these units.
The University of California, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, is the statewide division of the University of California that administers Cooperative Extension, which is responsible for local program development and delivery throughout the state of California. University of California Cooperative Extension (UCCE) is a network of colleagues with a focus on research, education programs, and outreach to resolve local challenges in communities where they live and work. UC ANR is the bridge between local issues and the power of UC research. UC ANR's CE advisors, CE specialists and Agricultural Experiment Station (AES) faculty develop and deliver practical, science-based solutions that contribute to healthy food systems, healthy environments, healthy communities, and healthy Californians.
The Director will provide leadership in the stability and transformation of extension for clientele that can serve as a model for other communities throughout California and the U.S.
To learn more about existing UCCE programs in these vibrant counties, please visit: http://cecapitolcorridor.ucanr.edu/
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed. This position is located in Woodland, CA (Yolo County).
Salary: Min $87,100/year to Mid $128,500/year
Job Posting Close Date: This job posting will close on 08/08/2021.
Professional Development and Lifelong Learning:
Collaboration, Teamwork and Flexibility:
Special Conditions of Employment
Must possess valid California Driver's License to drive a County or University vehicle. Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed, proof of liability and property damage insurance on vehicle used is required.
Employment is contingent upon successfully clearing the FBI/DOJ background check both from the Department of Justice and the FBI, prior to the first day of UC Employment.
As of January 1, 2014, ANR is a smoke- and tobacco-free environment in which smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes), is strictly prohibited.
· Master's degree in related area is encouraged and/or equivalent level of training and experience, though other advanced degrees are encouraged. Related disciplines could include: natural resources, community development, sociology, business.
· Strong background and/or working knowledge of agriculture, and Cooperative Extension.
· Demonstrated administrative leadership and personnel management.
· Proven conflict resolution expertise.
· Managing multi-disciplinary teams.
· Experience and proven track record as an effective leader in the areas of, budget and financial management, facilities planning and administration and technology management.
· Strategic planning, analytical, and program evaluation skills to effectively provide sound recommendations, continually examine systems.
· Advanced understanding of administrative operations, human resources management, facilities planning, strategic planning.
· Advanced leadership and/or management skills.
· Supervisory skills to motivate, and develop staff. Ability to achieve goals through promoting collaboration and teambuilding and working cooperatively.
· Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
· Demonstrated experience working with elected officials and demonstrated political astuteness.
· Working knowledge of County governmental and non-governmental organizations is preferred.
· Skills to communicate effectively in Spanish or other languages is desirable.
· Understanding of the UC ANR mission.
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. If you have questions, please email the Human Resources Department