Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670009200 Department of Housing & Dining
Job no: 511064
Employment type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Pay Grade: 02A
About This Role:
Come work with us! Join our dynamic team as a full-time custodial specialist in a residence hall dining center. Be part of the excitement of serving student residents and guests as you maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of a large dining facility, completing cleaning tasks and training others in the execution of cleaning and ware washing. Work shifts are generally 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (40 hours per week) and include one Saturday or Sunday (one day) and every other weekend (twice per month). A day off will be scheduled either before or after the weekend day.
Why Join Us:
We offer a team-oriented workplace with the opportunity to interact daily with students and staff alike. Our staff enjoy a generous comprehensive benefits package including tuition assistance, paid holidays, vacation leave, health insurance, and retirement plan. To learn more visit: http://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
http://housing.k-state.edu/ is a large, self-operated auxiliary department serving more than 4,000 students that call the K-State campus home. This "home away from home" meets more than the basic needs of students living with us — we provide affordable, safe, and engaging accommodations and services for our residents while finding unique ways to support them in their academic pursuits.
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion in every sector of the institution. The university actively seeks individuals whose commitments and contributions will advance the University's dedication to the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
• Cleans food preparation areas, serving lines, dining rooms, hallways, stairwells, restrooms, entrances and exits, storeroom, vegetable preparation area, and docks. This includes sweeping, wet mopping, waxing, and buffing floors; removing snow and ice from entrances; emptying trash; general dusting and cleaning.
• Operates and cleans equipment in ware washing area and dish return belts by following established procedures.
• Trains and directs student employees in the execution of cleaning tasks and ware washing and in the care and maintenance of equipment used.
• Cleans and sanitizes tableware, trays, utensils, pots, pans, and equipment used in meal preparation and service to ensure that safe food is served.
• Performs other duties as assigned to include, but are not limited to assisting with storekeeping and inventory functions as needed.
• Maintains security of the dining center by following established guidelines for securing the facility.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• One year custodial experience and knowledge of large scale food operation including sanitation procedures, equipment, and methods used in custodial work, food service regulations of the state, city, and department
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate and train others in proper cleaning and sanitation procedures and operation of equipment
• Trustworthiness and dependability at a level to ensure the security of the facility
• Ability to work effectively with others toward common goals
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
• HACCP Food Safety training and BBP training must successfully be completed during the probationary period
• This position is considered essential during a Declaration of Inclement Weather
How to Apply:
Please submit the online application form
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Rate of Pay:
$10.68 per hour. Some work shifts may qualify for an additional $.60 per hour shift differential.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Jul 08, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2359031