Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department: 3670003050 Institutional Research
Job no: 512957
Employment type: Staff Full Time (Unclassified - Regular)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Business / Accounting / Finance, Computer Science / Information Technology
Pay Grade: 10A
About This Role:
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) is seeking to hire a Data Analyst. The primary purpose of this position is to provide data analytics in support of K-State's strategic efforts, including enrollment management, online learning, accreditation and compliance, and other emergent areas of need. The position provides capacity to strengthen the user service capacity for BI tool/dashboards, data requests, as well as some external surveys. Some responsibilities include, but are not not limited to:
• Develop BI tools/dashboards, conduct data analyses, and prepare reports to support K-State's strategic efforts.
• Collaborate with key stakeholder groups across campus to understand data needs and ensure requirements are met.
• Find, gather, and organize data from multiple sources.
• Perform moderately complex queries of databases.
• Complete critical reports for external agencies and rankings, such as NC-SARA, US News, and CGS.
• Provide data analysis and data reports to support online program administration.
• Provide data for specialized accreditations and/or ranking, such as AACSB (Business), CAEP (Education), ABET (Engineering), etc.
• Serve as a member of the core BI development team within OIRA.
• Participate in meetings to stay up to date on available data, systems, and processes.
• Respond to ad hoc data requests.
• Perform technical data support duties as assigned.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• Requires a bachelor's degree.
• One to three years of relevant experience.
• Master's degree.
• Experience with Power BI, Tableau, or other BI/Dashboard creation tools.
• Experience in higher education setting.
• Data retrieval and analytical skills.
• Experience with SAS, R, Python, or other data analysis tools.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• 3 professional references with contact information
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until position is filled. For best consideration, apply by May 18, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$ 50,000 - $ 55,000
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Apr 29, 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3043804