Title: Database Administrator
Supervisor: Vice President & Chief of Staff
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy, and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, is seeking an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Database Administrator (DBA). The DBA is responsible for the performance, integrity, and security of the association’s information systems’ databases. The DBA provides technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems that support institutional business. Additional responsibilities include reporting, data input and output, technology management, and end-user training and support. This full-time position will be based in Washington, DC. For more information consult www.aplu.org.
The Association of Public and Land-grant Universities (APLU), a research, policy, and advocacy organization dedicated to strengthening and advancing the work of public universities in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. With a membership of 239 public research universities, land-grant institutions, state university systems, and affiliated organizations, APLU's agenda is built on the three pillars of increasing degree completion and academic success, advancing scientific research, and expanding engagement. The association's work is furthered by an active and effective advocacy arm that works with Congress and the administration as well as the media to advance federal policies that strengthen public universities and benefit the students they serve.
- In collaboration with the Director of Information Technology and the Vice President & Chief of Staff, develop and implement an IT strategy and administration plan to support the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage and maintain the organization’s D365 environments (Production and DEV), including conducting business process analysis and create detailed CRM process flows, to ensure D365 meets the organization’s business goals and requirements. Administer technical changes within D365.
- Oversee day-to-day system management for D365 including, but not limited to: including lifecycle system management, troubleshooting/problem resolution, data security, user security, encryption, etc. Perform and support regular maintenance options, including system upgrades and enhancements.
- Advise on complex MS Dynamics CRM business cases and propose solutions based on Microsoft Dynamics CRM, 3rd parties and customizations.
- Prepares written materials for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Conduct user and administrator training, successfully demonstrating Microsoft Dynamics CRM solution capabilities to the staff and provide them with examples to ascertain and meet their business requirements.
- Develop and implement standards, policies, and procedures for data entry that ensures compliance and data integrity.
- Ensure protection of data against intentional loss, destruction, or misuse. implement database backup and recovery plans.
- Evaluate and recommends new and/or upgraded database technologies to meet the organization’s evolving needs.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or related discipline.
- Certifications such as MCSE DBA, Oracle Associate or equivalent experience are required.
- Minimum of three years’ experience conducting general database administration tasks such as database implementations, backups, and account maintenance. Proficiency in database administration, management, data imports and exports, and developing reports is required.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory.
- Active participation within the Microsoft Dynamics Community.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting D365 workflows and reports.
- Exposure to medium to complex CRM environment including knowledge of cross platform integrations.
- Working knowledge of data migration and uploads.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance. Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions, Microsoft products and Microsoft Azure with an emphasis on database and spreadsheet applications.
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Great problem-solving skills with strong technical proficiency and strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability using a life cycle management process for implementation of changes in technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with a demonstrated ability to make difficult concepts easy to understand.
- Ability to travel domestically as needed.
Please send a cover letter and resume to APLU’s Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Database Administrator. Applications will be reviewed as received. APLU offers a generous benefits package.
APLU is an Equal Opportunity Employer.