Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
The Buffett Early Childhood Institute at the University of Nebraska is seeking applications from qualified individuals for the position of Database Developer/Analyst to support the activities of the Research and Evaluation team, including but not limited to designing and maintaining web based data collection tools and databases and tables, optimizing and monitoring database performance security, and implementing backup and recovery procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three (3) years of experience as a full stack developer with database development including but not limited to security set-up and maintenance, interface customization, module design, and query
• Strong understanding of programming languages such as Perl, Python, SQL, C++, Java, PHP, etc.
• Strong understanding of HTML and/or CSS
• Demonstrated effective spoken and written communication skills
• Master’s degree
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a related role requiring confidentiality, timeliness, customer service, organization, prioritization, troubleshooting, analysis, problem solving, and ability to work independently
• Demonstrated experience developing online data collection tools and managing and integrating large datasets from multiple sources
• Demonstrated experience working with multiple data sources including state-, school-, and community-level data systems as well as survey and administrative data systems
• Demonstrated experience working with individuals with varying degrees of technical knowledge related to databases
An equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities are acquired may be considered.