Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean, College of Basic and Applied Sciences
Dean, Basic and Applied Sciences
MTSU seeks candidates who are committed to innovative teaching, robust research activity, and meaningful service. We also seek to attract a culturally and academically diverse faculty who value working with a diverse student body.
Salary commensurate with education and experience
Middle Tennessee State University seeks a creative, dynamic individual to lead the College of Basic and Applied Sciences and invites applications for the position of Dean. The position begins July 1, 2022. Must qualify for appointment at the rank of professor. Expedited tenure will be considered at the time of appointment.
Responsibilities of the position include:
Terminal degree from an accredited institution in a represented discipline of the College.
Three years administrative experience in higher education at the level of chair or above in a supervisory capacity.
• Ongoing commitment to supporting excellence in teaching, growth in externally funded research and service programs, and scholarly inquiry as evidenced by a distinguished record of discipline-related and administrative accomplishments;
• Leadership and communication skills for effective, articulate advocacy for programs and activities of the College’s departments and schools as well as teamwork and consensus among faculty and departments;
• Proven ability to foster and facilitate diversity, equity, and inclusion;
• Proven ability to marshal internal and external resources and organize faculty and external constituencies for implementation of College and University missions and strategic plans;
• Accomplishments that demonstrate knowledge of current and emerging trends in higher education and the sciences that support excellent faculty, academic programs, and student success;
• Vision for and demonstrated ability to engage in partnerships with external constituencies to meet student and community needs in support of the University’s Carnegie Community Engagement classification and Academic Master Plan.
In order to successfully apply, applicants are required to include the following documents as separate attachments at the time of online application submittal: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, a statement of Teaching Philosophy, and a Research Statement or Creative Activities (as appropriate to the discipline).
If you need help in applying, please contact the Faculty Recruitment Specialist at (615) 898-5128.
If you have position-specific questions, please contact Dr. David Butler at David.Butler@mtsu.edu.
MTSU is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer that values diversity in all its forms. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Proof of U.S. citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986). Clery Act crime statistics for MTSU available at http://www.mtsu.edu/police/docs/2020AnnualSecurityReport.pdf or by contacting MTSU Public Safety at (615) 898-2424.
For individuals requiring a reasonable accommodation to apply: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with MTSU, please call 615-898-2929 or email email@example.com.