Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences
Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences
About This Role:
Kansas State University invites applications and nominations for the Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences. The successful candidate must have the experience and vision to inspire, guide, and facilitate a strong and diverse faculty in the advancement of high-quality teaching, research, service, and extension while providing leadership that assures the integrity, excellence, and relevance and success of the College's multi-faceted programs for the 21st century. The Dean reports directly to the Provost and Executive Vice President and serves as a member of the Deans Council.
The Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer of the College, providing leadership, strategic vision and direction, and support for the College. In addition, the Dean provides university leadership to support and promote the academic mission of the university. Specific responsibilities of the Dean will include:
• leading all academic programs in the College;
• promoting high-quality undergraduate and graduate experiences;
• building continued excellence and growth in research and outreach and extension programs;
• supporting effective academic advising;
• being actively involved in the recruitment and retention of high caliber, diverse students, faculty, and staff to the college, as well as promoting equity and a welcoming and inclusive environment;
• working productively with students, faculty, staff, department heads, deans, administrators, and the broader community on interdisciplinary and collaborative initiatives;
• advancing the College's strategic plan/goals and aligning it with university priorities and K-State 2025 goals (http://www.k-state.edu/2025/);
• advancing the university mission and K-State 2025 strategic plan;
• providing leadership and a high degree of personal involvement in the fundraising efforts on behalf of the College;
• maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with the community, alumni, benefactors, and industry; and
• working closely with constituents on issues related to the enhancement of the College and the University.
Why Join Us:
About the College of Health and Human Sciences
As part of Kansas State University, a comprehensive land-grant institution, the College of Health and Human Sciences is devoted to excellence in research, undergraduate and graduate on-campus and distance education, extension, and outreach. The College is fully committed to the University's strategic initiative (K-State 2025) that outlines an aggressive plan to become recognized as one of the nation's top 50 public research universities.
The College of Health and Human Sciences has roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and approximately 210 faculty and staff. For additional information regarding the College, including the list of programs, please visit their website at https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting thehttps://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• An earned doctorate in one of the disciplines represented in the College, or in a closely related field.
• A strong record of distinguished academic achievement in research, teaching, and/or extension which merits appointment as a tenured, full professor in one of the College's departments, with evidence of professional distinction and national or international recognition in their field.
• Proven success as an innovative and strategic leader with the ability to plan, coordinate, articulate, and execute a strategic vision and initiatives while engaging others.
• Demonstrated success as a strategic and creative planner and an outstanding collaborator and relationship builder with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• A strong record of promoting diversity and inclusion among students, faculty, staff, and in the curriculum.
• A proven record as a successful administrator with responsibility for guiding strategy, evaluating personnel, motivating faculty, resource acquisition and allocation, engaging external constituencies, and fostering diversity and teamwork to create collaborative relationships across culturally diverse groups.
• Demonstrated success in fund development, external fundraising, and financial management.
• A working knowledge of programs which require external clinical experiences and the accreditation process for those types of programs.
• An appreciation for the college's people, programs, mission and vision.
• A proven ability to develop and implement successful interdisciplinary and/or international programs.
• Proven ability to initiate, lead, and facilitate transformational change and innovation initiatives, be adaptable with changing conditions, and comfortable with the ambiguity that accompanies a large public university.
• A firm grasp of the opportunities and advantages of a land-grant university with R1 status
• A history of building, enhancing, and sustaining partnerships across a university, local communities, state, region, and nation.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and CV. For full consideration applications should be received by November 19, 2021.
Please do not email applications. To be viewed by the firm, you must apply directly at: https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyoursd
Inquiries, referrals and nominations are treated confidentially and can be sent to: mailto:Jennifer@acesrch.com or call 860-740-2600.
Review of Applications Begins:
Immediately. For best consideration, apply by November 19, 2021.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: 29 Sep 2021
Application Closes: 19 Nov 2021
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2547536
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.