Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences
About This Role:
The Dean of the College of Health and Human Sciences will serve as the chief academic and administrative officer of the College, providing leadership, strategic vision and direction, and support for the College. In addition, the Dean provides university leadership to support and promote the academic mission of the university. Specific responsibilities of the Dean will include:
• leading all academic programs in the College;
• promoting high-quality undergraduate and graduate experiences;
• building continued excellence and growth in research and outreach and extension programs;
• supporting effective academic advising;
• being actively involved in the recruitment and retention of high caliber, diverse students, faculty, and staff to the college, as well as promoting equity and a welcoming and inclusive environment;
• working productively with students, faculty, staff, department heads, deans, administrators, and the broader community on interdisciplinary and collaborative initiatives;
• providing strategic leadership for developing and advancing the College's strategic plan/goals aligned with the University's vision to become a Next-Generation Land-Grant University;
• leading fundraising efforts on behalf of the College with a high degree of personal involvement;
• maintaining and strengthening strategic relationships with the community, alumni, benefactors, and industry; and
• working closely with constituents on issues related to the enhancement of the College and the University.
Why Join Us:
About the College of Health and Human Sciences
As part of Kansas State University, a comprehensive land-grant institution, the College of Health and Human Sciences is devoted to excellence in research, undergraduate and graduate on-campus and distance education, extension, and outreach. The College is fully committed to advancing the University's land-grant mission and its vision to become a https://www.k-state.edu/president/initiatives/.
The College of Health and Human Sciences has roughly 2,800 students (graduate and undergraduate) and approximately 210 faculty and staff. The College of Health and Human Sciences inspires and prepares passionate and caring individuals for a meaningful life and a career that promotes human well-being in the areas of business, design, teacher education, human behavior, and health sciences. Home to 17 undergraduate and 19 graduate degree programs housed in the departments of Applied Human Sciences; Food, Nutrition, Dietetics and Health; Hospitality Management; Interior Design and Fashion Studies; Kinesiology; Personal Financial Planning; and the K-State Center on Aging, we provide students with the education and skills needed to make an impact in the lives of individuals, families, and communities.
Please visit the college website (https://www.hhs.k-state.edu/) for additional information regarding the College, its departments and their program offerings.
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/overview/
Learn more about the Manhattan community at https://madeformanhattan.org/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and promotes inclusion. The University actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html.
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• An earned doctorate in one of the disciplines represented in the College, or in a closely related field.
• A strong record of distinguished academic achievement in research, teaching, and/or extension which merits appointment as a tenured, full professor in one of the College's departments, with evidence of professional distinction and national or international recognition in their field.
• Proven success as an innovative and strategic leader with the ability to plan, coordinate, articulate, and execute a strategic vision and initiatives while engaging others.
• Demonstrated success as a strategic and creative planner and an outstanding collaborator and relationship builder with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• A strong record of promoting diversity and inclusion among students, faculty, staff, and in the curriculum.
• A proven record as a successful administrator with responsibility for guiding strategy, evaluating personnel, motivating faculty, resource acquisition and allocation, engaging external constituencies, and fostering diversity and teamwork to create collaborative relationships across culturally diverse groups.
• Demonstrated success in fund development, external fundraising, and financial management.
• A demonstrated commitment to all aspects of a land-grant mission, including teaching, research, and extension/outreach.
• A working knowledge of programs which require external clinical or experiential learning and/or the programmatic accreditation process.
• An appreciation for the college's people, programs, mission and vision.
• A proven ability to develop and implement successful interdisciplinary and/or international programs.
• Proven ability to initiate, lead, and facilitate transformational change and innovation initiatives, be adaptable with changing conditions, and comfortable with the ambiguity that accompanies a large public university.
• A firm grasp of the opportunities and advantages of a land-grant university with R1 status
• A history of building, enhancing, and sustaining partnerships across a university, local communities, state, region, and nation.
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
How to Apply:
Academic Career and Executive Search (ACES) is assisting Kansas State University. Inquiries, nominations, and applications will be treated confidentially.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should include a cover letter and curriculum vita.
Please do not email applications. To be viewed by the search firm, you must apply directly at https://acesrch.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a21esjyf7s9v.
Inquiries, nominations, and questions should be sent to mailto:Jennifer@acesrch.com or call 860-740-2600.
Review of Applications Begins:
For full consideration, application materials must be received by October 14, 2022.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: 02 Sep 2022
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3418063