Job Postings enable you to post your own job and find other job listings offered by APLU members. This service is free for APLU members. For more information, email email@example.com.
Department Head, Western Kansas Research-Extension Centers (WKREC)
Department: 3670010220 Agricultural Research Ctr Hays
Job no: 511995
Employment type: Academic / Faculty - 12 month
Location: Hays, Kansas
Categories: Administrative / Professional, Agriculture, Education / Instructional, Research / Scientific / Grants, Animal Sciences / Livestock, Agronomy
Pay Grade: 001
About This Role:
Kansas State University seeks applications for the position of Head, Western Kansas Research-Extension Centers (WKREC). The WKREC provide interdisciplinary research and extension activities at Hays, Colby, Garden City, Tribune, and various satellite locations. The successful candidate will facilitate integration among research and extension functions and ensure that research and extension faculty and staff work effectively together to communicate applied research-based information to constituents.
• Promote excellence in interdisciplinary research, extension, outreach, graduate student training, and extramural funding.
• Provide strategic direction to the unit to assure program relevance, impact, and technology transfer through effective use of human, physical, and financial resources.
• Administer personnel, budget, facilities, and equipment at multiple campuses.
• Create a cohesive, holistic, and system-wide approach that integrates research and extension efforts to support the land grant mission and addresses grand challenges across disciplines and departments.
• Promote effective communication and teamwork among faculty, staff, university administrators, stakeholders, community leaders, and extramural sponsors.
• Engage with faculty and constituents across agricultural, natural resources, 4-H/youth development, family and consumer sciences, and community development subject matter areas.
• Promote safety and professional development of faculty and staff.
• Promote public visibility of WKREC units in the local community, regionally, and across Kansas State University, demonstrating capacity, impact, and value to stakeholders.
• Create an environment that fosters diversity, collegiality, and ability to work in a multi-cultural setting.
• Provide leadership such that Western Kansas Research-Extension Centers contribute to strategic plan for Kansas State University, the College of Agriculture, and Kansas State Research and Extension.
Why Join Us:
Kansas State University offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, paid time off - vacation, sick, and holidays. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the https://www.k-state.edu/about/community.html
What You'll Need to Succeed:
• An earned doctorate in agriculture, natural resources, family and consumer sciences, youth development, community development or related field.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities to lead a complex research and extension organization that includes administrative, personnel management, budgeting, communication skills, and grantsmanship.
• Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equal opportunity, diversity, and affirmative action
• Ability to work effectively as a member of an administrative team.
• Knowledge of the history and philosophy of the land grant university.
• Ability to effectively implement the policies of Kansas State University, the College of Agriculture, the Kansas Agricultural Experiment Station, the Kansas Cooperative Extension Service, and the Kansas Board of Regents.
• Credentials for appointment as a tenured, full professor
• Ability to represent the unit to university administrators, governmental bodies, and stakeholder groups
• Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
How to Apply:
Please submit the following documents:
• Letter of interest that addresses the applicant's vision, administrative philosophy, and qualifications
• Curriculum vitae
• Names, phone numbers and email addresses of three (3) professional references
Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applicants begins on February 25, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, apply by February 25, 2022.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
Salary commensurate with experience
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or status as a protected veteran.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Advertised: Dec 21, 2021
Application Closes: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2729682